• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

ZX2 Bushing Fix

06vectorgt

TY 4 Stroke Junkie
Aaron Excell (Excell Yamaha) and I have been working on a joint venture to fix this bushing issue with the ZX2. Prototype is installed in my sled for testing, contact Aaron if interested in a kit.

http://excellmotorsports.com/

IMG_2142.jpg

IMG_2153.jpg

IMG_2154.jpg

ZX2Bushing2.jpg

ZX2Bushing.jpg

IMG_2156.jpg

IMG_2155.jpg

Millinocket Rocket 1 said:
Looks nice- is it brass?

Its a self lubricating brass material, I machined a flat and installed the zerks just to increase longevity of bushing. Not sure if it was really needed or not but couldn't hurt as far as I was concerned.

Logged 250 miles with brass bushings with no issues, the top bushings are bored .030" over cross shaft diameter just like the plastic OEM's.
Bottom bushings are a slip fit and there appears to be no problems with a CTE mismatch that may have resulted in binding.
A full inspection will be done at seasons end to check for any signs of wear and I expect these to out last the stock plastic units 10 fold.

Jigger said:
Is there a kit for the single shock ZX2 model?

Jigger,

I am not aware of a single shock ZX2 but I'm sure Aaron could hook you up once dimensions are known.

Jigger said:
The 151 is a single shock model. Would I have to measure the bushings?

DSC_0172Medium.jpg

I would think he would only need to know the dimensions of the shock eyelets (top & bottom) as he would already know total width.
I that just a single G-Force unit?

Give Aaron Excell a shout out if your really interested.

http://excellmotorsports.com/

Nice job on the replacement parts. I replaced EVERY plastic bushing in the front and rear suspension with metal bushings I made. The only tricky ones were for the front sway bar since they are tapered. I used either an oil-lite material or phosphorus bronze. Plastic bushngs are such a joke, very low cost for Yamaha: injection molded parts, low tolerances which speed up assembly BUT NO longevity and NO precision. All of the aluminum shafts in the rear suspension were machined and then sleeved with stainless steel in the bushing regions.

You replacement parts should last forever, nice job!! Looks like a nice retrofit kit to offer.

Yes its a single G-force unit. It has bottomed out on me but not more often than my old skid. I might revalve or try a different spring next year. I'll give Aaron a call when I take the skid out next spring. Going from a 151 to a 159.

Back