• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

ZX2 unpacked and inital impressions...lots of picts!

stoutner said:
Ride height can be lowered by eating a lot of cheesburgers and drinking a lot of beer...conversly, ride height can be raised by eating carrots and lots of aerobic exercise.
:o| :exc:
You can however adjust the "sit-in" or sag by adjusting the preload on the shock/springs.

Haha--- now you're gettin' a little too technical-- not sure I'm to up to speed on the aerobics-lol

Have you installed yours yet? Was wondering if it's going to be do-able by myself or do I need help, thanks

Do the plates install on the inside of the tunnel? Is that all that's involved in the mounting kit? Any interest in providing a template? :yam:

Plate goes on the inside of teh tunnel and there are bushings that go on the inside of the ZX2 I assume they made it narrow to work in all sleds and then use these metal spacers to fill in the gap.

Millinocket Rocket 1 said:
stoutner said:
Ride height can be lowered by eating a lot of cheesburgers and drinking a lot of beer...conversly, ride height can be raised by eating carrots and lots of aerobic exercise.
:o| :exc:
You can however adjust the "sit-in" or sag by adjusting the preload on the shock/springs.

Haha--- now you're gettin' a little too technical-- not sure I'm to up to speed on the aerobics-lol

Have you installed yours yet? Was wondering if it's going to be do-able by myself or do I need help, thanks

You'll be able to install by yourself technically....But, you will need an extra set of hands to position the skid into place.

Pics of blue zx-2 in '02 Viper. Was a pretty easy install... ended up having to remove a few more rivets than planned, and was short about 8 rivets but no big deal. The front swingarm holes weren't cooperating very well when we tried to line them up, so we took off the limiter strap and it went smooth after that. The track tension seems pretty tight with the adjusters let all the way off but I'm sure I'm gonna have to run it, break it in, and re-adjust. Haven't even fired it up yet this season. I opened my trunk and found a plastic grocery with three apples(I think) from last season-- which were pretty RANK!

Attachments

• 000_0543 (Small).jpg
    000_0543 (Small).jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 87
  • 000_0543 (Small).jpg
    000_0543 (Small).jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 98
Want to no what kind of shock is on that zx2 and the size of the wheel ( rear one are 8 inch ...the other one ),and wheel bearing #... ( 6250 or something else )?

ROCKRTX said:
Want to no what kind of shock is on that zx2 and the size of the wheel ( rear one are 8 inch ...the other one ),and wheel bearing #... ( 6250 or something else )?

Anybody no those information?

The back 4 wheels are 8 inch, with 6004 bearings.
There are also 6 135mm idlers with 6205 bearings.
Plus there are 2 120mm idlers with 6205 bearings also.

Back