• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

ZX2 unpacked and inital impressions...lots of picts!

Thanks Kinger for the excellent run down on your ZX2 - Mine came in today and your write-up made me feel even better about my purchase!
Mine will be installed by Aaron Excell next Wensday!

I just installed mine. In the instructions, it says to pull the pins to make it easier to install. I pulled the pins and had one heck of a time getting the cam around to put the pins back in. I'm not sure pulling the pins was a good idea. The cam spun all the way around 180 degrees.

Overall, the install was very easy and the skid looks great.

It seems like the suspension has wayyyyy more travel than my stock did. It could be my imagination as I have been running asphalt all summer with the skid sucked all of the way down.

Seems like the first 6" of travel is nice and soft and cushy. Once you get past the first 6" it seems very firm. I couldn't bottom it out by jumping on the rear bumper...and I weigh 238 lbs.

I think I'm going to like it a lot !!!

Nice pics and step by step. Any pics of it installed in your sled? Can't wait to get mine, it's currently snowing and I'm getting the itch.

kinger - Thanks for the write-up, the zx-2's looking good, glad I ordered it.

I did write to Jeff in early may on the ZX-2, told him I was going to install it in my 285 HP turbo sled. Nice to see they have done some testing for us turbo guys as well.

Any one get a 136 yet. Mine is payed for in full but has not come for 2 weeks. said it would be hear in 2 days max, from last week.

I'm in the same boat, have paid for the 136" in full, but I don't know if it has shipped yet.

rockrider said:
I'm looking forward to reading the upcoming ride reports!

I am also. I'm curious on how this skid holds up to higher hp sleds. ( above 200hp ) This was THE ONLY reason I didn't get one when they had the pre-order discount. I'm going to be pushing 240+ with my Attak this season.

Kinger, to bad that NOS kit of yours you couldn't use through the trails full time. lol :tg: ( Or due you? )

Keep us posted on the trail results of this bad azz looking skid.

Great write up by the way. ;)!

-1CS

expert-x was 62 ish pounds for a 121....but snow stuck to it,with the zx2 at the end of the day will have less snow..thus being lighter...jeff just got a nytro in the shop so im still a few weeks away from getting mine.

To be correct we will not use "nos" that is a brand name, the real name is N2O two parts nitrougen one part oxygen that when heated past 200 degrees the atoms split and oxygen is introuduced into the system. (get it right! jk :-0 )

No crazy i do not use it nor need it on the trails, only lakes when some foo thinks his sled is fast. I have never lost, ....ever. The machine is simply a monster on the button. Off the button she is tame, loving, caring, gentle she loves me and I love her, its a mutual kinship actually. When I get pissed I push her buttons and she responds! GRRRRR!!!!

LOL I'm drunk again sorry...

Ride height can be lowered by eating a lot of cheesburgers and drinking a lot of beer...conversly, ride height can be raised by eating carrots and lots of aerobic exercise.
:o| :exc:
You can however adjust the "sit-in" or sag by adjusting the preload on the shock/springs.

when i was talking to the rep for ad at novi he said its been in the works for 7 years, also said its the plastic polymer from the skis mixed with fiberglass

almost like rerods in concrete i suppose... intresting to see how it works

my old school nonX expert weighed more than the proaction, but was built like a tank.

the only weak spot was the rear cross shaft, and it looks the same as the ZX2. all the weight and impact forces are trasfered through the single load bearing rear upper cross shaft and its 2 10mm bolts

also looks like no ski preload adjustment

despite those 2 gripes, it looks like a good skid

kinger said:
To be correct we will not use "nos" that is a brand name, the real name is N2O two parts nitrougen one part oxygen that when heated past 200 degrees the atoms split and oxygen is introuduced into the system. (get it right! jk :-0 )

Ah, laughing gas. What fun.

Actually, to be "correct", if the atoms split, then it would be kind of like being strapped to a NUCLEAR BOMB, in fact, you WOULD be strapped to a nuclear bomb. I think you mean the MOLECULES DECOMPOSE. ;-P

Back