• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

04 Starting Whistle?

Riceburner

Lifetime Member
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
SideWinder LTX 50th
Finally got to trail ride the new Warrior this past weekend.

I noticed a high pitched whistle or whine right after starting the engine
which lasted for a second or so and then went away. This was when the engine was hot out on the trail.

It did not happen every time I started the sled.

I noticed that some here have mentioned having starter problems this year and was wondering if anyone who has had these problems has noticed this noise besides me.

Or, anyone without the starter problems who has heard it and can explain it would be a great help as well.

Possibly the starter dragging?

This concerns me as without a pull cord these things are probably impossible to start without the starter.
Has anyone tried to "clutch start" this beast and met with success?

TIA

Dave

BTW; Being able to hear the Ski's ticking on the snow instead of engine and exhaust noise was a real neat experience. Me Thinks I am really going to like this puppy when I get the suspension dialed in.

Are you sure it's not the belt squeeling because it's brand new? (mine did this for about the first two rides, and just as I was about to adjust it, it stopped)

Not the Belt.

Have had that on numerous Riceburners in the past when putting new belts on clutches that I had previously put additional washers in the secondary to keep the previous belts height correct.

That is what I would describe as a belt squeel.

This is different, more a whistle or high pitch whine.

Thanks for the reply.

Dave

My 04 shorty has a whine also. Mine sounds more like belt noise. I did notice some black belt marks on the bottom side of my belt guard where my belt seems to be hitting. I don't think that is normal.

Back