• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

04 Warrior blew up

Byw2004

Country
USA
Snowmobile
2004 Rx Warrior
My 04 Warrior blew out the oil return line right above the clamp, the end of last winter. Lost all my oil in about a 100 yards. No warning lights :( shut it down but but not soon enough. Have not tore into it. Starts and idles fine has no power and a rattle. Guessing pretty exspesive fix for an old sled? Sled looks like new yet :( any thoughts. Fix it ,used motor. Or sell it for parts. Thanks guys

My 04 Warrior blew out the oil return line right above the clamp, the end of last winter. Lost all my oil in about a 100 yards. No warning lights :( shut it down but but not soon enough. Have not tore into it. Starts and idles fine has no power and a rattle. Guessing pretty exspesive fix for an old sled? Sled looks like new yet :( any thoughts. Fix it ,used motor. Or sell it for parts. Thanks guys
I would do a leak down test on it, Rattle on top or crank?

I can't really tell at idle it does not rattle only under a load.

Does not sound to promising. I would think the motor needs to be gone thru. You should look at the book value of the machine, see what you can find a motor for on ebay or out on the internet and go from there.

Yes sell it for parts. Not worth breakimg down in the sticks. You most likely have serious engime damage.

Back