• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

05' Fusion 900 vs. 07' Apex RTX

I just bought a 08 apex ltx and I also have a mod fuze so I will post some real world results when the apex has some miles on it.The 900 will run 116-118 on hardpacked snow.If the 900 is faster I will find a way to get the apex to be faster.Can't wait for delivery on my apex.Hopefully in 2 weeks I will have results.As far as stock vs stock I will say the apex will win 7of10 because most 900's weren't very fast after 100mph.

YAM182 said:
Pipes on the Fusion might wake it up some depending on how well its tuned.
2 06 Apex RTX's and my 06 Apex GT put a hurting on a stock 05 Fusion accross a reservior.

YAM182....nice Bender photo!! I got a copy on VHS of Tim winning Eagle River on the FIII Exciter. I should check to see if it still plays.

I have a friend who was a Poo dealer up to last year. He got stuck with two Fusion 900's he can't give away. He and his wife decided to ride them. He hates them, says they rattle and shake, drink fuel and are not fast.....keep in mind they are stock.

:yam:

I have a buddy with a 05 900 fusion, and another with 06 apex rtx. Both stock. The Apex is faster all the way around, but not that much faster. The Fusion is way faster through the woods though. Horse apiece IMO.

Srt 20 is right.. I have the 08 ltx and also drive a 06 fusion swichback.
On a st8 strech the apex will go by the fusion HANDS down. everytime.
But get on a twisty trail and ill may yamaha look silly on that thing.
I dont even like polaris but.. thats the truth.

Attachments

• Extreme chrome apex  (600 x 450).jpg
    Extreme chrome apex (600 x 450).jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 69
The Apex is NOT the fastest stock sled out there? How bout the mach, the thunderkitty,the new F-1000 kitty. all two strokes, and have more horsepower, with less weight! Now if you are talkin high performance four strokes, The Apex is your sled!! It's a whole new ballgame. I'd go for that statement. The Apex is the fastest four stroke factory stock.

Honk said:
The Apex is NOT the fastest stock sled out there? How bout the mach, the thunderkitty,the new F-1000 kitty. all two strokes, and have more horsepower, with less weight! Now if you are talkin high performance four strokes, The Apex is your sled!! It's a whole new ballgame. I'd go for that statement. The Apex is the fastest four stroke factory stock.

Well........if you are talking BONE stock, I might put my money on the ATTAK version. The Mach 1000's out of the crate were not tuned very well. Either is the new F1000. Look at the recent shootout. I talked with a F1000 owner last year up north and he was a bit dissapointed in the initial calibration. Thundercat, yep they can be viscious ,but keep this in mind. The last year they made them ,Supertrax magazine had one. They said their stock 2002 SRX gave the Thundercat fits all the way across a lake, sometimes getting a nose ahead of it. Now keep in mind the SRX's run very close to the APEX/ATTAK. This year the shootout Apex ran a 12.02 ET in 1320ft. The SRX a few years back had a best time of 12.01 ET (still the top ET at the shootout).

Don't get me wrong, the above sleds can be very strong with the proper setup. I am talking right out of the crate stock. Last year my buddy with a 2007 ATTAK ran a few Mach 1000's on the lake while I flagged them. He pretty much handed them their rears. The ATTAK had 400 miles on it. The Mach's had more. We talked with them and they seemed a bit dissapointed. One claimed he was going to have to get some goodies for it being it was bone stock and he was not happy with it's performance, but he was very impressed with the ATTAK.

BTW, that's the one in my photo. That was a snapshot I took of his boy doing some jumps in the UP of Michigan.

Fusion is a pretty fast sled. No they can't keep em running. Don't think you'll just whip a Fusion on a stock Apex...you won't. It will be pretty close. Fusion is a lot stronger than a 600 or 700.

Fusion is a great sled for Handling and Motor if you could keep it running. It is a shame that they were so poorly designed because they were a great sled to ride.

I dunno what these ppl are talkin about but like I said i have Both sitting in my garage right now. and there is a snowballs chance in hell the fusion will go by the apex

i agree,if a fusion is within sneezing distance of an apex,its not becuz the fusion is fast,its becuz your apex is slow..to think a stock apex cant touch a fusion is crazy..

I radared a 900 fusion making top speed runs with a new stalker radar gun. We were running like half mile or more.....109mph everytime!!...No bs!

I have both as well.A 900 fuze with rkt head,dynoport exhaust,slp airbox,v-force 3 reeds,slp reflash,136x1.5 intense,big wheel kit.My 08 ltx is stock with 95 miles.When I get the 1.5 intense on the apex and when it is broken in I really think the 900 will have it's hands full.The biggest thing I find is that the apex just spins all the time where as my 900 just hooks and you better hang on.There are some 900's that ran really hard without mods and they would give a apex a run.I would say again that a 900 would win maybe 2-3 out of 10 races stock.The apex motor is a monster for 150hp,can't wait for the new apex.

Back