• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

05 RX1 Rear suspension grease zerk install

I feel sorry for anyone that does not at least pull their shafts and put some more grease on them. From what I seen from the factory it wont last long without corrosion. Has anyone else pulled their 05 skid? What do the people who have think?

to top it all off,there are 2 or 3 cross shaft that dont even have bushing s of any kind plus no grease,no plastic bushings,no grease,a ton of shock preload,we had a new shock out of the suspension the other day and i couldnt compress it at all and im 215lbs wow,no grease and no bushings doesnt sound good to me,have to wait and see but yamaha recommends that every preseason service take apart clean and lube entire mono shock suspension,that should add a few hrs labor to the preseason charge eh

No grease from Yamaha!

Hey guys, Yamaha must not have much if any grease at the factory as I have a FJR 1300 motorcycle and anyone else that has one can tell you they didn't apply grease in any critical areas on them, and now I read that the sleds are the same?

I'm looking to get a Yami sled next year and I hope they improve on some of the simple stuff like a few grease fittings in these key areas.

On my current sled, I lube the suspension pivot points several times a season, you'd be surprised how much it helps!

Back