• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

05 Warrior Rear Shocks

Tf18

Pro
I have done some reading on this site regarding replacing the rear shock on my 05 Warrior. I know people have put in Ohlins, Fox floats and whole new rear suspensions. If you had to replace the shock all over again what would you do now?

Would you buy a premium grade shock? (Ohlins or fox floats)?
Replace it with a rear shock off of a RX-1?
Put in a differnt skid?

I really like my sled and plan on keeping it another 3 years or so.

I'm in the same boat as well. my skid needs all new bushings and shocks it will have 5k miles by the end of the season.

Rather than spend 4-600$ on shocks and parts i'm looking at installing an Polaris edge skid. they are going for 2-300 on eBay with decent shocks.

I would reccomend getting the stock shocks rebuilt and revalved to your weight and riding style you will be amazed at what fresh shock oil will do and a recharge of nitrogen plus it will cost a 1/4 the price for 2 shocks as it will for 1 ohlins shock all shocks are externally equal its the oil valving shims and seals and springs we put on them that are the difference

Heres a link to what i had SHOCK-TEC build out of my warrior shock.High/low speed compression,remote reservior and the ability to rebuild it.Only got 120 miles on it so far this winter due to lack of snow :o| .Played with it yesterday while running around the frozen bay,trying to find humps at speed.Seems to work really good.Cost was $430 canadian,$100 bucks cheaper than the stock shock from yamaha.Looks like it will be next winter before i can hit the back country to see what this shock is really capable off.http://www.ty4stroke.com/viewtopic.php?p=645796#645796

warrior shock

My bud who had a 03 RX-1 shorty replaced his non rebuildable rear shock with a used Viper shock. He had it rebuilt and re-valved for his needs, worked out great. Used shock and rebuild cost him less than $250

Shocks

Thanks for the idea Apexallday!

Exactly why I like this site, lots of different ideas and knowledge of sleds.

Sure makes it easier to decide.

the front of the rear suspension shock will fit but the rear one is too short. i have my old one off and my brothers 2002 rear viper shock and the war shock is roughly 1" longer than the viper one. have olins on there now as does he but i am keeping mine for a spare or i would offer it to you.

can take pics on friday if anyone needs to see the diference.

I also have a used rear viper shock and spring re-valved from Pioneer performance. It made a big difference. pull your skid and check all your bushings.

Back