• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

06 Apex GT mono shock wear.

jodee nichols

My 06 Apex w/mono shock has some wear on the rear mount for the shock. The eye on the shock it's self. It look's obvious to me the track is hitting it, and wearing the eye that the mounting bolt goes through. Is this normal, or is it a indicator of something else? The sled has 1700 miles on it. thanks.

ulmer racing shock bearing

I had the same problem, so invested in Ulmer racing bearing kit that has twin bearing that mount on the shock bolt that is supplied with the kit. Now if the track gets too close it will ride on the bearings and not the shock...problem fixed.

there is no problem in yamahas eyes :o| (see below). but i got the ulme kit too.

Attachments

• rtxmiles.jpg
    rtxmiles.jpg
    111.2 KB · Views: 137
  • rtx3.jpg
    rtx3.jpg
    169.7 KB · Views: 144
the one posted was my first shock. my second is about half the ware. most of my problem was angled backers, but the track is still too close & will rub some even with no studs. most never even notice.

Those bearings should be checked just like the rest of the bearings on the skid. Before every ride. Should get a least a year out of them.

Re: ulmer racing shock bearing

bigdog_mike said:
I had the same problem, so invested in Ulmer racing bearing kit that has twin bearing that mount on the shock bolt that is supplied with the kit. Now if the track gets too close it will ride on the bearings and not the shock...problem fixed.

Ditto ;)!

For 2009 yamaha has added a round piece of tube on the rear arm to help stop the track from rubbing on the shock

the part # dosen't change up from the 2006-2008 but there should be no reason why you can't use the 2009 part #8FU-47332-12-00

2006-2008 part # 8FU-47332-10-00

FX4,

In another similar post I was told that the 2009 "curved sliders" that protect the shock could not be retrofitted to my '07 Apex GT without fabricating some brackets and welding them onto my skid.

Are you talking about something else that I could simply bolt onto my skid?

Blue Dave said:
FX4,

In another similar post I was told that the 2009 "curved sliders" that protect the shock could not be retrofitted to my '07 Apex GT without fabricating some brackets and welding them onto my skid.

Are you talking about something else that I could simply bolt onto my skid?
x2?

Sorry if this is redundant. Two different people (not me) started almost identical posts in the last couple of days.

I was hoping that the 2009 Yamaha fix would simply bolt on to my sled but it sounds like it is not that easy.

I just ordered Ulmer's kit. He should have these kits back in stock by the end of this week. Here is a link if anybody else is interested.

http://www.ulmerracing.com/Acc.htm

Back