• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

06 apex gt ohlins rear shock

802apex

Country
USA
Snowmobile
2006 Yamaha apex gt
i just bout a apex and the Ohlins remote rear skid shock was replaced with a shock from a “ER” Apex. The ohlins shock looks to be in good shape but was leaking so the previous owner replaced instead of rebuilding. My question is should I have the shock rebuilt? Also the wire that runs to the shock appears to be gone? Is it worth the rebuild or should I just run it with the shock that’s in there?

So, is there a way to adjust the current one?

There is no ride quality improvement with the Ohlins. Just the electric adjustment for convenience.

In my first Apex, (07 GT) I had the HyGear twisted springs (dual rate) and also have them rebuild it once. That shock combination worked really well. And yes, I believe it's worth it even if you need to get a new wire.

HyGear was authorized for Ohlins and had access to all the parts needed. Including the bolt eye on the one end that gets ground off by the studded track. (fixed that with the skid rebuild) It's just my opinion. But I loved the ride.

So, is there a way to adjust the current one?

There is no ride quality improvement with the Ohlins. Just the electric adjustment for convenience.
I don’t believe so unless there is a clicker that I haven’t seen yet.

question my rear suspension has about 3 in free play it seems. it does not return to the full up position . what shock would cause this? im curious if i need the lower one rebuilt? does it apply pressure or just a dampener?

stock yamaha sled rear suspensions rarely return to the top of their travel unless pulled up to it. if the shock has high miles, a refresh would not hurt.

question my rear suspension has about 3 in free play it seems. it does not return to the full up position . what shock would cause this? im curious if i need the lower one rebuilt? does it apply pressure or just a dampener?
Shocks are normally just a dampener. Very slight effect on sag unless they are contaminated. Moisture especially makes shock very sticky. Sticky shock and sticky pivot points in suspension can all add up to more sag. That’s one reason shocks and suspension needs to be serviced.

so ive had a few other makes where you pull up and it stays generally. this ones falls down three inches even if i pull it up. that normal for the apex? and what does that lower shock do? is it pressurized ? i see its rebuildable from the suspension diagram also. i have an 06 attak gt w 1600 miles but was neglected some

im going to be pulling suspension and taking apart and cleaning and putting in right grease also. last guy used automotive grease. any way i can check that bottom shock?

and what does that lower shock do? is it pressurized ? i see its rebuildable from the suspension diagram also.

Capture.JPG

Are you referring to the transfer adjustment rod when you inquired about the bottom shock? If so, it is not your typical 'shock' and is used to transfer the weight of the sled.

yes lol looked like a shock to me. i see its rebuildable. does this affect sag? or is this adjustable to bring up suspension?

this is adjustable to help keep the skis down for handling.

Back