• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

06 Apex w/ Simons CPRFront Mount Turbo Pics

jeff, did you use a powercomanders style interface to control fuel?
i noticed that the cdi boxes for the older rx and the r1 are the same basic brain box. it wont be long before jet and other companies are pluging them in. you should get them in on the sled side to market through you. just a thought.
snowbeast, i think you need one and that i need to ride it.

Attachments

• 17 mai 2005 013.jpg
    17 mai 2005 013.jpg
    275.1 KB · Views: 102

it's tipped further back to lower COG and cetralizing mass, do not now how much more tho.

i dont believe the motor is tipped back further. the head is a different design and the tb are mounted straight in at the angle of the port unlike the rx that had a boot that changed the angle so the carbs would set straight back.

betheviper - You're right, can't find any evidence in writing at www.yamaha-motor.com that it is tipped back more for '06. But when I'm looking at the sled, it seems like tho... I may need new glasses LOL.

I thought I read somewhere the 06 engine is tilted 30 degrees back. Nonetheless its definitely tilted back to the point I question how to access the spark plugs. This was obviously done to centralize the weight mass.

Dan

Nice work Jeff! Anyway to eliminate the 2- 90degree elbows to the cooler from the charge tube? I knew you'd get it in there. I bet it will make 205-210HP at 7.5lbs. on pump gas. Providing the stock muffler can be gutted to allow ample flow. Sure loved the trail turbo on my Warrior! Can't wait to ride my new Attak with this setup. Fuel Injection with the new suspension, reduced weight and rider forward will make it the ultimate trail rider! Ye-Haw!!!!!!!!

mike, production will have a straighter shot at the intercooler, and the mod exhausts work well, while being super quiet. fuel system shouldn't be a problem. i'll make sure you get kit asap. jeff

SIMONS CPR said:
mike, production will have a straighter shot at the intercooler, and the mod exhausts work well, while being super quiet. fuel system shouldn't be a problem. i'll make sure you get kit asap. jeff
OK again i ask what was your stock hp from your apex,was it the 148 hp someone listed or what jeff?? I have now seen 145-148 that is not 150 but 148 is alot closer,in 03 we were promised 145 and got 135-137 so now we are promised 150 and get 145?? Show us some numbers jeff..

Any new info yet, just about 2 months since the first pics. Since MCX let there cat out of the bag, somebody is got to be next, CPR of MPI.

Back