• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

06 apex won't move

jakeho

Veteran
Hey Guys any help would be appreciated. I barrel rolled my 06 apex. Cracked some body parts and lost some windshield screws. Sled stopped after a couple rolls on its clutch side. Flipped it back on its track and the kill switch was engaged, no oil or antifreeze smell. Disengaged kill switch and drove sled about 3 kms to a snowmobile club and put the dash back together. Sled ran fine for about another 3 or 4 kms and died. At that time it would not idle for more than 3 or 4 seconds. Towed it for about 1 km to a spot for trailering and while waiting for the truck/trailer to arrive (1/2 hour) the sled would idle but when I would try to move it, it would die again. Got an error 1 code on the gauge and no other code. Can't find what an error 1 code means anywhere. My buddy seems to think that the sled just needs to thaw out since there was a bunch of snow jambed in around the throttle cable. Could it be something this simple? Thanks in advance for any help, Jake

Does the sled actually stall out or quit, or does it not want to move. I would have to agree on the TORS if sled stays running but won't engage the clutch or move.

Rolled mine once pretty good mine would start and then die and flashed a code, can't remember. Anyways, rolled so hard that it got an air bubble in the oil line and no oil was getting to the crank. Glad these machines have sensors. Tipped the machine up at 45 degree angle so the oil tank is above the motor and hold it for five minutes. Oil came back down in the tank, was at almost at the to when I first started this process. Sled started up and on my way again. I did need a new headlight assembly.... Lol

jaydaniels said:
Does the sled actually stall out or quit, or does it not want to move. I would have to agree on the TORS if sled stays running but won't engage the clutch or move.

The sled will move a little but then it stalls. Not getting any error codes anymore after I cleared the ones I had. One was low oil pressure and the other was for the TORS. You would think it would throw codes again if it continues to stall. I noticed that where the throttle cable goes over the top of the motor and passes through a slot in a semi-circular dealy the cable is loose. Could this be causing it to stall? Jake

Back