• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

06 Attak

Mach1Mike

Looking at buying a used one from a friend i know all the positives what are the negatives.Any consistant trouble areas?Any problems with ski lift or bottoming out?I hear there has been some rear skid troubles with some?Any info would be great.

Setup is everything..... Bottoming out, not if you set it up properly. Also, ski-lift is adjustable for the most part except in the really tight, tight twistie trails, then you cannot completely remove it when ridden agressively hard. Handwarmers and Rear middle idlers are the main issues, but Yamaha will have an update in fall of 06 for those two issues. There have been claim of chain case issues, more of people who have reverse and have more than 3000 miles on them, but that still needs to be determined.

Mach1Mike:

The 2006 Attak can be an awesome sled. SledFreak said it all, "SET UP IS EVERYTHING" There are many post on this site concernikng set up for the 2006 Attak. Set up properly the sled rocks. There are no really big issues with this sled and a whole truck load full of plusses. It has long legs and will run very close to the 1000 Doos and it a whole lot more dependable. Chaincase problem starts with dipstick rubber vent boots not having venting grooves properly cut. It's easy to check and not all the sleds haved this problem. Run 100% synthetic gear oil and keep the chain properly adjusted and you should not have problems.

Hope this helps.

Mike - do a search for chaincase and you will find the problems. I don't think anyone had a problem except guys who rode long stretchs at 85+MPH. I am one of those guys, but I love my Attak at 3700 miles.

GW

Thanks for the info,the deal is done i will be getting a 06 Attack.
For the first time ever all the mfg's had a sled i liked and with no real real reason to switch from Doo to Yamaha im doing it because i wanted to see what all the four stroke fuss was.My past 3 ski-doos had a total of 23,000 miles on them with no problems i hope im gonna get the same out of this one.

I made the switch recently from a Machzx to a 06 Attak.. I love it so far but there is a thump coming from the front of the rear skid only at low speeds on rough trails..

Turk funny that you think you know me well enough to make that comment.Anyone who has spent any time over at Snowgoer or Amsnow knows that anything i said was in jest.They also would know that besides Ski-doo Yamaha was always my second choice and have owned them before.
If you are so insecure that you thought you had to call me out on something you think i said without backing it up instead of giving me a good answer to my questions then i feel sorry for you.After all this is a place for serious Smurf talk not place for trashing right?I would like to see you go back and find my Yami sled trashes it could make for some interesting reading. ;)!

Hondo provided excellent pictures of the rubber dipstick boot and venting grooves. The pics are posted on this site. It involves identifying whether your particular boot grooves were properly cut. If not grooves should be slighlyopened up to allow venting. There are excellent photos on this site posted by Hondo.

Back