• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

06 Nytro 136" 1st ride impression

jabnorth

I just bought a 06 Nytro with a 136"X1.5" track, I must say I am very impressed with the fit&finish, the motor, the handling and the ride of the sled. The power is so linear compared to the two strokes. I also really didn't notice the extra weight of the sled, but I am a big guy and can throw it around. I jumped ship from an 07 IQ600 and am happy to have done so at this point. Only time and miles will tell. I know there has been some complaint of the rear skid, but I thought it rode real well and wasn't bottoming on the bigger moguls. The sled had Pilots skis on it and I was very impressed with the cornering ability, they seem to be very nice skis. I do wish it had a little more top end, but I did know how fast it was before I bought it. Maybe a stage 3 and Excell header are in it's very near future!

Nytro's aren't geared for top end speed. They are geared alittle lower than the Vectors. You could get some more topend out of it, but you'll probably loose some holeshot.

Welcome to the 4 stroke Nation!

Slap a turbo in or add some nitrous, that'll wake it up. :jump:

I love the 136" on this sled, it goes anywhere. I think it rides better in the rough trails stretched and get it in the ditch and it cant get stuck, unless you hang it on a tree.

Yamaha limits the top end of the triple. Forced induction will cure it. The normally aspirated route includes the Excell header/exhaust and Fundy offers a bunch of stuff, too. I'm working on Keihin flatslide carbs......

Back