• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

06 Nytro hand warmers. Do they heat????????

Upnorthguy00

Veteran
Just picked up a 06 Nytro. Do the hand warmers work on these?

I have a 07 Apex and the stock bars were not good at all. I put a set of 06 bars on my sled and now they work amazing!!!!!!!!

Is there a fix for the nytro hand warmers??

The handwarmers on my 06 were pretty bad. actually really bad. rode most of the year with disposable handwarmers in my gloves. I would suggest putting Rock's Yamaheater on there. Makes them heat up real nice. I think there is updated bars for the 06 with heated hooks available too. :brrr:

or you can rewire them and they work awesome. And it costs almost nothing to rewire. I ran all last season with zero problems.

All you have to do is run them in parallel instead of series. I also added a 1 ohm - 20 watt resistor in series with each element. This way there are no problems running the toggle at full toggle. If you do not run the resisters it will work and be even hotter, I just didn't want to take any chance burning anything up. With the grips wired in parallel and the resistors installed I think it is right where they should be and you still have full range of control.

There are also excellent reviews on the yamaheater

Mine seam to work great at 35-40 mph, any faster they cool off. I'm just thinking of extending the wings on the windshield a little higher, to block wind from the bars. Even with the hand guards on, wind seems to get beneath them.

i rode mine for the first time last weekend fully prepared for cold hands.I ended up turning them down alittle.Although they are "up and down" and foundmy hands hot then cooling down when i slowed down.overall worked good,although its used to me so im not sure what if anything has been done.But the guy i bought it from didnt know to much i dont think. :4STroke:

I do I rewire the hand warmers on my 06 Nytro. Does anyone have a wiring diagram that I could follow? I just bought this sled for my wife and she would ride it if her hands are cold.

EatMoreMooCow said:
The handwarmers on my 06 were pretty bad. actually really bad. rode most of the year with disposable handwarmers in my gloves. I would suggest putting Rock's Yamaheater on there. Makes them heat up real nice. I think there is updated bars for the 06 with heated hooks available too. :brrr:

I have a set of the '06 updated bars, and also have Rocks Yamaheater, and they work great. ;)!

twomorestrokes said:
My '05 is wired in series. I thought the '06 went to parallel from the factory?

05 still had the older "rx-1" style bars/handwarmers. The o6 nytro came with the apex bars and were wired in series.

[quote="Nick1945]I have a set of the '06 updated bars, and also have Rocks Yamaheater, and they work great. ;)![/quote]

if i put the yamaheater on I would also want the updated bars so they are heated all the way down the hooks

rancidjo said:
twomorestrokes said:
My '05 is wired in series. I thought the '06 went to parallel from the factory?

05 still had the older "rx-1" style bars/handwarmers. The o6 nytro came with the apex bars and were wired in series.

I know the difference in bar type as I have changed over, but you're right, both the '05 and '06 came wired in series. The Yammi update kit changed it to parallel. Now that I have the '06 bar on my '05 sled, I need to change the grip wiring to parallel and they should get toasty hot with the good '05 power supply and ecu.

rancidjo said:
[quote="Nick1945]I have a set of the '06 updated bars, and also have Rocks Yamaheater, and they work great. ;)!

if i put the yamaheater on I would also want the updated bars so they are heated all the way down the hooks[/quote][/quote]

Thats the set up that I have, and they heat all the way to the ends, and work great.

'06 updated bars for Nytro

Here is what they look like, and also, new Lake Effect Snow Riser, from Chris White.

x6bzti.jpg

Hand warmers

So are the 06 bars that come factory on the Nytro wired in series,or parallel ? And were do I change the wiring I need some direction on what to do. Wife needs more heat Thanks for any help

Series from the factory and the jumper harness in the update kit changed it to parallel. Didn't help much at all from what I hear. Everyone seems happy with the Yamaheater though. I met Rockmeister at a couple shows and his setup looks pretty nice.

Back