• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

06 Rage suspension

sleddermb

Extreme
Just installed new hyfax and found most of the bearings on the idler wheels are on the way out. I've seen a lot of guys are installing polaris wheels on TY and also noticed a few skidoo as well. Any feedback on which way to go, i.e. Are the polaris wheels to large, do you need the marginal snow kit.
Put about 10 miles on tonight after getting the shock revalved. It was my first ride on the sled, but I love it. I didn't expect as much of a 'rider forward' ride, absolutely beautiful. There is no bucking like on my 600 indy classic (M10) which still rides nice. My problem is lack of ski pressure when turning at idle. The limiter strap is at it's longest point. The Mono is set on the 3rd clip and dialed in for 300 lbs, which I am and the ride is great. Do you guys recommend increase the preload on the ski's (more spring tension), shorten limiter strap or adjust the limit stop(not sure what the name is) below the mono shock.
Any info appreciated or comments appreciated,
Thanks,
Greg

On the wheels I think you should get the Kimpex which seem to get rid of track howl. Do a search for those part numbers and IIRC they are slightly oversized.

You said lack of ski pressure at idle????

I suppose you mean going thru a turn. IF you are new to 4-strokes learn how to feather the throttle through the turn and that easily keeps the ski's a little happier. On and off the throttle means on and off the torque which makes those ski's raise and is way different from a 2-smoke. Be smoother through the corners and that might just be enough to avoid the tuning. Give it a shot, can't hurt.

I don't have the mono so I can't add any meaningful assistance there although I generally stay away from pullind down the limiter which gets you heavy turning. That isn't a tweak that is a big change.

Pull your limiter strap up 1 hole, adjust your transfer/control rod 2 lines from neutral towards minimum and be REALLY smooth with the throttle. I am very close to your weight and myy Attak is setup this way and rails around corners. Even before changing my stock skis to Powderhounds. Do you still have the stock wearbars on your skis? If not, change them!! My personal preference are Bergstrom Triplepoints in what Scott calls 24" ( the rest of us call 'em 8's) with his Skisaver and a 1/4" shim under the rear of the ski rubber. No darting and great handling. And they last a LONG time. Hope this helps you ;)!

Thanks guys and yes I meant turning while going slow. I think I'll shorten the limit strap one notch and go from there. Steers fine when moving, just can't turn sharp going slow. Do you know the numbers or the diameter of your Kimpex wheels on your sled. Also if anyone has experience with the marginal snow kit and where exactly to mount it.
Thanks,
Greg

Back