• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

AFR reset caused by reverse button?

DTJ

Extreme
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2014 Yamaha Viper XTX, hurricane 190 kit
2013 Yamaha Apex XTX
2017 Yamaha Sidewinder BTX
So here's a strange one, any input is greatly appreciated. 2014 viper hurricane 190 kit. Any time I hit the reverse button my afr's reset exactly like when you first fire the machine up. This started late last season and I still haven't figured out what's going on. Also idle afr the longer it idles gets up to 15 & 16. Not sure if these two things are related, but it used to idle all day long around 14.7. Once given throttle afr seems to be normal. Really scratching my head on this one. Anyone seen anything like this or any ideas?

Sounds like it could be a bad sensor. Afr sensors are very picky with voltage spikes and can do stuff like this. I had issues on my Viper Turbo too.

Thanks Mr. Sled. Did you replace your afr sensor and it fixed your issues? I've got about 11,000 miles on this turbo setup and haven't ever replaced the afr sensor. It's worked flawlessly up until the end of last season when this reset with the reverse button issue started and I'm pretty sure the high aft numbers at idle started at about the same time.

Thanks Mr. Sled. Did you replace your afr sensor and it fixed your issues? I've got about 11,000 miles on this turbo setup and haven't ever replaced the afr sensor. It's worked flawlessly up until the end of last season when this reset with the reverse button issue started and I'm pretty sure the high aft numbers at idle started at about the same time.

When I replaced the AFR sensor it fixed my lean condition at idle. You should never see 16 anytime. I would still have blips now and then with AFR on start up. I added a on/off switch to the power to the guage and that fixed the issue. I would fire sled and then turn on gauge. You could have a bad switch too that cause that spike and messes with the gauge.

Do you have HID lights on the sled? I know those mess with them too but usually only on start up.

I don't have HID's. My sensor is attached to an autotune which is connected to a power commander and I have a delay set to 20 seconds on start up before it starts taking afr readings and displaying on POD 300. I found the bosch sensor ranging anywhere from $40 to $130. Do you remember what you paid for your replacement sensor? Not sure why there is such a large gap in pricing on these.

I don't have HID's. My sensor is attached to an autotune which is connected to a power commander and I have a delay set to 20 seconds on start up before it starts taking afr readings and displaying on POD 300. I found the bosch sensor ranging anywhere from $40 to $130. Do you remember what you paid for your replacement sensor? Not sure why there is such a large gap in pricing on these.

I have had better luck with NTK Sensors Part number 24320. I usually get them from NAPA for $125. Some of the Bosch ones don't last. NTK will last one to 3 of the Bosch.

Back