• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

07 Apex GT Clutching enhancements

Nervous Nytro

I have an 07 Apex GT and am considering an Ulmer Chutch kit. We ride in Michigan and ride very hard and fast on groomed trails. What performance enhancements should I expect in terms of acceleration or top speed? Any downside to the Ulmer kit? The only mods to my Apex include a thicker front stabilizer bar (much better front end stability in corners - very nice addition) and an Ulmer Air box mod (didn't do much). Thanks Scott

I have an Ulmer Racing stage 2 clutch kit on my '07 Apex GT and I also geared it down because I do not care so much about top speed.

I feel that it pulls harder at trail speeds and has a better backshift than stock with perhaps slightly less engine braking.

I am happy with my Ulmer racing clutch kit and he has great customer service. I would certainly recommend this to you.

Thanks for your response, truly apreciated

Is the 23 Tooth Top Gear wha represents gearing it down? Did you ever ride the sled without the Top Gear change after the Stage 2 CLutch add?

Tell me about the CR10EK plugs, what are you accomplishing with those?

Half my riding crew went with new sleds this year (F8 RR and new Poo 800) and I will need every performance advantage available to remain up front!!!

Yes, replacing the stock 24 tooth top gear with the 23 tooth top gear results in lower overall gearing and it was recommended by Ulmer.

I installed the clutch kit and the 23 tooth gear at the same time so I have no experience with the clutch kit without the lower gearing but I suspect that many of the benefits I described will still apply.

The CR10EK plugs were also recommended by Ulmer. Supposedly they are worth a couple of HP. I can't say that I noticed any difference from the plugs but I suppose collectively every little bit helps overall.

Another thing to consider is that I bought my kit 5 years ago and I think that I had heard that he has made some improvements since then.

Ihave ulmers kit on my 07 attak gt. No gear change. It greatly improves the bottom and midrange. Actually a slight loss at top end.You generally will not improve the top end with just a clutch kit, unless you start cutting clutchs or doing other mods.

Back