• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

07 Apex GT Suspension Setup

bbjorklund99

Extreme
I am new to the Apex line of snowmobiles. I purchased my 07 new this fall. I have put about 150 miles on the sled and would like to work on tweaking this sled to my liking. I had the dealer setup the sled for my weight but he said that I would need to play with the suspension to get it fine tuned. I read the manual and it tells me how to adjust the suspension but does a poor job of explaining what setting to adjust if the sled is behaving in a certain way. There are so many adjustments that it is a little overwhelming.

I know some of you guys have a lot of experience with tweaking these machines. I am sure that I am not the first guy to ask these questions. Is there a good link somewhere with information that explains this in more detail then the operators manual?

Thanks,

Brad

If you add your height and weight and riding style I'm sure a few guys will give you a good baseline to start. It is somewhat personal , and don't forget to add what kind of trails you ride. Enjoy the sled and the site.

Mikecam said:
If you add your height and weight and riding style I'm sure a few guys will give you a good baseline to start. It is somewhat personal , and don't forget to add what kind of trails you ride. Enjoy the sled and the site.

I am 5'11" and about 220lbs. I like to ride groomed trails which can get rough at times but I am mostly concerned about good cornering as we have a lot of winding trails in Northern Minnesota. Any help giving me some baseline settings and tips would be appreciated.

Thanks Guys,

Brad

Back off the front ski spring peload just a little until the spring is just snug, not compressed. Back off the the rebound clicker to the light side also. Its seams as though Yamaha has plenty of spring up front to carry the weight of that bad boy under the hood so try that setting for a more comfortable ride. If that doesnt work try a little stiffer and then retry. Adjust the rear for your weight based on the proper "sit-in" or sag of the rear spring. Most have to upgrade to a heavier spring as I did. If cornering is one of your biggest concerns then stud it, and put dooleys up front. Enjoy, and give her****!

Make sure your transfer rod is set @min and tighten the limiter up 1 or two holes. Try one first. Don't touch the springs yet on the front. Increase the compression on the clickers by about 6 turns. Crawl on your side and increase the spring tension on the mono. Increase it about 1 3rd more on the threads. That should help more on the twisties. If you need the skis to say even flatter, then buy a 12mm sway bar. 90.00bucks. That will help the most. You will need to make adjustments as you ride it.

Thanks guys! I appreciate your input. I guess there is no simple answer just get it close and play with it until I like it.

Back