• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

07 apex mtn 2500 miles blown motor

Insurance adjusters check to see if the motor will turn over just a heads up if your really dumb enough to do that after you posted it on here. At least thats what they did with my dads when he wrecked the tunnel on it the adjuster pulled the pull rope to make sure it was still loose

update...got motor out and apart..spun the main bearing.. Minor minor crank marks that will be getting fixed and thats it..the guy that works on my motors has never seen a motor go tight so nice lol..did no harm much at all.. Will be getting fixed for just under $700....

sickboyz_yamaha said:
update...got motor out and apart..spun the main bearing.. Minor minor crank marks that will be getting fixed and thats it..the guy that works on my motors has never seen a motor go tight so nice lol..did no harm much at all.. Will be getting fixed for just under $700....

make sure the oil passages are cleaned thoroughly and the affected main bearing bore is the right size and round !! the main bearings ibelieve come in dfferent sizes od and id so you can match for proper oil clearance !! be thorugh or it will happen again!!!!
doc

sickboyz_yamaha said:

Ask the crank dude what happened as these motors don't have crank bearing failure issues. The $700, will it include putting the motor back in? Just asking as when I got all the bearings replaced on my late 02 xc 700 it cost me $400. The install was my responsibility.

redrx1rkt said:
Has an Apex EVER blown a motor??

Yes very very few naturally asspirated.Main thing is when people running mtns or powder roll them over an oil runs into air box thats how they blow them.Best thing you can do is get the jacobbsen rollover valve to prevent this.

the $700 is only the motor rebuilt..we took it out ourselves and brought it to a friend that does motors..we will be putting it back in.. this is a 4stroke motor little more pricey than a 2smoke motor...the gasket kit alone is around $180. then crank work is around $170 then bearings, then labor... i thought just under $700 was a hell of a deal...

Back