• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

07 apex rpm's very low and stalls when warm on idle

Adjusting the CO settings will only affect the idle areas below clutch engagement speeds. The rest of your adjustments should be made with your Power Commander

Is this just an issue for older Apex’s pre 2010? I have a 2013 Apex with 8000 miles and zero issues so far. Wondering if this is something I may encounter in the future as the mileage goes up?

Hey I know this is a old thread but my son's light is having sexact same problem I tried to change the co setting I grounded the pale green wire got into the do tried several several times we grounded but was unable to get it to switch over to Co just stayed stuck on di any suggestions would be greatly appreciated

You might have noticed my posts earlier in this thread so I did a valve adjustment to my sled and seems to have cured the idle/stall issues. Some of the valves were at .002" which is way below the proper setting making me think they were held slightly open when the engine was warm. Just my thoughts. Reset the CO settings back to zero, put on 1000 km and no issues. But this sled is done for me, 3rd failure while out on a Quebec bagger trip. Second time the crank position sensor has failed. Just too unreliable for me. I might even go with a 1200 ski-doo, been riding with a bunch of them and they don't seem to be having any issues. Enough is enough.

Hey I know this is a old thread but my son's light is having sexact same problem I tried to change the co setting I grounded the pale green wire got into the do tried several several times we grounded but was unable to get it to switch over to Co just stayed stuck on di any suggestions would be greatly appreciated
Did you get it to adjust?

not yet we tried 4-5 times repositioning the paperclip each time trying to make sure there was a good ground every time we held the buttons and got Di to come up but unable to change anything from there seemed to be stuck right there most frustrating

Without being there I'd say try grounding it again I could not get it to ground with clip ended up using a wire instead.

Opening up an old thread , but I've posted something called "she's fat" recently in Apex forums. But I've not had as many stumbling idle issuies as all u guys , but I did have to bump it up with the IAC screw .. was originally around 1100.. moved it to 1600 .. she smells rich .. like she's running fat on idle .. and sometimes will pop from the airbox if I try hard enough.. how do I "know" it needs to be adjusted ??? Last spring all new spark plugs and donuts when I tore it all down , everything is as it should be .. cept her idle and smelling a bit "fat" anyone who's adjusted the CO . Any help would be appreciated , thanks

Opening up an old thread , but I've posted something called "she's fat" recently in Apex forums. But I've not had as many stumbling idle issuies as all u guys , but I did have to bump it up with the IAC screw .. was originally around 1100.. moved it to 1600 .. she smells rich .. like she's running fat on idle .. and sometimes will pop from the airbox if I try hard enough.. how do I "know" it needs to be adjusted ??? Last spring all new spark plugs and donuts when I tore it all down , everything is as it should be .. cept her idle and smelling a bit "fat" anyone who's adjusted the CO . Any help would be appreciated , thanks

You have the symptoms. Adjusting idle and lowering CO is only masking the problem and not fixing the issue. The rest of the symptoms will follow as you put more miles on it. Most have started at -5 then went to -10 and -15 as it gets worse. After a few more years depending on how hard you ride and miles you pile on, it wont make a difference.

When I needed to go to -15 to keep it running I stopped changing the CO. I changed plugs , took it for a few good hard runs on the Beach and pulled the plugs . Way too lean for my liking . Ghostly white.
Running a little fat is ok and healthier in this case then running too lean .

I did the valve adjustment and reset CO to 0 where it originally was . Ran like new again .
Some valves were so tight I wonder how it ran .

You have the symptoms. Adjusting idle and lowering CO is only masking the problem and not fixing the issue. The rest of the symptoms will follow as you put more miles on it. Most have started at -5 then went to -10 and -15 as it gets worse. After a few more years depending on how hard you ride and miles you pile on, it wont make a difference.

When I needed to go to -15 to keep it running I stopped changing the CO. I changed plugs , took it for a few good hard runs on the Beach and pulled the plugs . Way too lean for my liking . Ghostly white.
Running a little fat is ok and healthier in this case then running too lean .

I did the valve adjustment and reset CO to 0 where it originally was . Ran like new again .
Some valves were so tight I wonder how it ran .
I've only got about 4400 miles on the sled .. I can't believe it would need a valve adjustment after that few miles .. I mean it really doesn't run that bad to where I think it would be a mechanical issuie, I've been running it a bit in my garage in mildly warm weather and prolly not getting her really up to 100% Temp , and not being able to make any pulls with the motor to "clear her throat" , I would like to assume it doesn't need a valve adjustment after so few miles .. I'm jumping the gun on this I think ... I should wait for colder weather and clean my plugs , make some "pulls" with it and then maybe reassess the situation ?

I've only got about 4400 miles on the sled .. I can't believe it would need a valve adjustment after that few miles .. I mean it really doesn't run that bad to where I think it would be a mechanical issuie, I've been running it a bit in my garage in mildly warm weather and prolly not getting her really up to 100% Temp , and not being able to make any pulls with the motor to "clear her throat" , I would like to assume it doesn't need a valve adjustment after so few miles .. I'm jumping the gun on this I think ... I should wait for colder weather and clean my plugs , make some "pulls" with it and then maybe reassess the situation ?
I have learned to just live with it.. my 07 does it and its not bad but it happens some. When it happens ( not often) it has been run for sometime and up to temp for sure. After a long hard pull then come to a complete stop like a stop sign it will come to idle and want to work its way into a stall. All I do is just touch the throttle very lite and back off and it settles right back up to 1500rpm. Cold start I NEVER even touch the throttle … she starts and sputters her way up to a higher idle and I don't touch it until she settles back down by itself and it is right then she will also sometimes want to do the same. Again I just will touch the throttle and let go and its smooths out. Sled runs great and very strong other wise....

I have learned to just live with it.. my 07 does it and its not bad but it happens some. When it happens ( not often) it has been run for sometime and up to temp for sure. After a long hard pull then come to a complete stop like a stop sign it will come to idle and want to work its way into a stall. All I do is just touch the throttle very lite and back off and it settles right back up to 1500rpm. Cold start I NEVER even touch the throttle … she starts and sputters her way up to a higher idle and I don't touch it until she settles back down by itself and it is right then she will also sometimes want to do the same. Again I just will touch the throttle and let go and its smooths out. Sled runs great and very strong other wise....
Yes I agree when first starting it .. I never blip it untill she's idled back down from a cold start , it's really not anything I should complain about the engine purrs great and only once in a blue moon she acts weird and I blip the throttle and then its gone... But bumped up my "warm" idle to bout 1600 from 1100 and it seems to have staved it off FOR NOW , I put new spark plugs and did donuts last spring so maybe she's running different from that .. I dunno .. ill learn more once the cold comes ... and prolly after a long hard pull yours is running a bit fat once u idle down and come to a stop.. she needs a min to think and readjust, but being injected u would think it wouldnt matter , but I'm alittle anal about my snow slut and want the idle smooth as glass 24/7 , but even my 2015 gmc Sierra idles goofy at times, nature of the beast I guess , but Ill do my best to fine tune it

Last edited:
Just read this entire thread. My sled has a similar issue. I am going to try and adjust the CO. My 07 Attak has 5K on it. I bought it used in 2015 with 2100 miles, but I have reason to believe it might have way more than that and a low mile cluster swapped in before I bought it.

Back