• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

07 apex rpm's very low and stalls when warm on idle

Just read this entire thread. My sled has a similar issue. I am going to try and adjust the CO. My 07 Attak has 5K on it. I bought it used in 2015 with 2100 miles, but I have reason to believe it might have way more than that and a low mile cluster swapped in before I bought it.

Adjusting the CO to -10 fixed my issue. But on cold starts the idle will drop for about 30 seconds then goto normal about 10 seconds after I turn the key. Runs perfect when its warm. Sounds like a valve adjustment might be necessary.

What does a valve adjustment cost at the dealer?

Around here it’s $1000-1500 max to do the job at a dealer . Mine started this year with this low idle issue .. I adjusted my idle ( black knob ) almost 2 full turns when it’s was all warmed up at it went away ! Not 1 issue after . Cold start the idle is a little higher but that ok . No more low idle stall grumble .

Around here it’s $1000-1500 max to do the job at a dealer . Mine started this year with this low idle issue .. I adjusted my idle ( black knob ) almost 2 full turns when it’s was all warmed up at it went away ! Not 1 issue after . Cold start the idle is a little higher but that ok . No more low idle stall grumble .

Has anybody tried turning the throttle blade stop screw... NOT IAC adjuster.... up a quarter or half turn. With hi mileage how many times has that steel on steel been hit maybe wearing enough to allow throttle blades to close a little more. Also throttle blade shaft wear may be a factor.

Has anybody tried turning the throttle blade stop screw... NOT IAC adjuster.... up a quarter or half turn. With hi mileage how many times has that steel on steel been hit maybe wearing enough to allow throttle blades to close a little more. Also throttle blade shaft wear may be a factor.
My intake valves were tight , had them all checked and corrected . Much better but still a little low for my liking , I will look at what your talking about and see what it does , or leave it alone , don’t want to create another issue ..

2006 apex with 12000 miles on it. Was almost impossible to start when cold and would stall when warm. Adjusted valves which were way off and sled run like new. Thanks for the write up. One note timing was a pain in the #*$&@ to get right after putting camshafts back on . Would probably try the zip tie the chain to the timing gear next time.

mine had these issues. When oil pump chain came off last year at 28,000 km's and dealer set valves. they were tight. Issues are gone now

Hi,
I have the same problem like you with the idle. Before to stall do you have remark, the only 3 cylinders working. Just after stalling, I restart and now I came back with 4 cylinders. Like if an ignition coil has not enough voltage for a nice spark.

Mine would idle at 800-900 after getting fully warm and occasionally stall. I threw 2 cans of seafoam in a full tank and it now idles at 1100 warm and never stalls. I believe it was some gunk build up in the throttle body that messed with air flow. Seafoam can be added up to 50/50 for extreme cleaning on injectors so go to town if your gonna try it. People need to be more liberal with it.

I have an 07 Attak. Did the paper clip thing, pressed select and reset, turned on key. I got "d1" on the screen but it won't toggle to CO setting. Any ideas? My issue is low idle on and off (not consistent). I was going to turn CO down to -10 and see if that helps. I had a boot that wasn't seated properly from airbox to fuel inj but I fixed it and it didn't help.

I have an 07 Attak. Did the paper clip thing, pressed select and reset, turned on key. I got "d1" on the screen but it won't toggle to CO setting. Any ideas? My issue is low idle on and off (not consistent). I was going to turn CO down to -10 and see if that helps. I had a boot that wasn't seated properly from airbox to fuel inj but I fixed it and it didn't help.

Check to make sure the paper clip is ground to the chassis.

So I'm experiencing mostly low idle but sometimes it jumps up to normal. Tried CO adjustments of -8, -13, +11. It ran differently on all settings but none fixed it. I can't find any loose vacuum hoses, throttle body boots are all tight. Sled only has 4600 miles. Is it possible it's spark plugs or a coil? I kind of ruled those out because it runs great other than idle.

Very unlikely coils are the issue.
Before you do any adjustments try a couple simple things.
As said earlier in this thread put a couple cans of sea foam in the next full tank of gas, drive it easy while that fuel is being used.
After you have run the sea foam fuel through change the spark plugs, use iridium plugs CR9EIX.

I've done the Sea Foam before but didn't change plugs after. I guess I'll give that a try. It's been doing it for a few years but seems worse this year.

Back