• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

07 gt

tedgoesfast

Expert
Looking at one for my wife 3000 miles big windshield are they a good sled anything I should look for been around all 4 strokes and worked on them but never a phazer

make sure the updates have been done to it by dealer.

as i now own a 2009 phazer rtx, i would suggest looking at the bearings/bushings in the aluminum shock link as mine was on at least its second when i bought it and it was trashed at 11000 km. this can cause skid rails to break and some one had already repaired mine.

i cannot answer about the hand warmers as mine already had rocktoyz hot hands kit on it as well as hid lights. these get plenty hot.

i bought this sled for my gf to ride to see if she like it as its seating position is close to an atv and she loves riding those. phazers are known to be twitchy if they are not set right and as i did not have it set right for her, i put most of the miles on it last season. i found that on an unstudded stock track, that the engine braking would cause it to break traction in loose conditions and wag the #*$&@ of the sled on deceleration. fixing this problem by turning it into a phazer xtx over the summer with 1-1/2" track.

as it already has large windsheild, it should be ok for wind coverage. mine only has the tiny one and i got cold running the abitibi canyon loop last winter.

Do they make snowtrackers for them I would would stud track also I know on all my other yamahas snowtrackerr straightened them out

They do and mine had a set on it but the skis where trashed and I threw my curve skis on it. I do not run studs so I cannot comment there.

Depends if your wife is a "sit down and steer" type rider or an "active, lean hard on every corner and stand up in the bumps" type rider. The Phazer is not a good sled at all for a "sit and steer" rider but rewards active riders. I would have a local dealer run the VIN number and make sure it had all the updates done, the 07's had quite the laundry list of updates. Hand warmers are only good down to ~10*f, upgrading to RSI elements (one element wired) made mine OK down to 0*f. 09' or newer should have all but the ground wire update done from the factory.

I went and looked at it tonight steering has a lot a slack it had reverse box rebuilt and ski pins are loose in spindfles simes like a lot wear for 3000 miles or is it normsl

Also seal went bad in chain case thasts why he said reverse went out.ism a mechanic but not famliliar with phazer any input would be great

not too familar with the chaincase on these sleds but chain tension plays a factor in reverse working.

steering on mine has almost 2" of play at the bars. it is a phazer flaw that the aftermarket has made the parts to correct. quite a few threads on this.

ski spindle bushings are known to go bad on these. i made sure to check mine and some one had already done them. usually need to be inspected every year to prevent wear.

The chain slings oil into a small "cup" as it turns, which then flows into the reverse gearbox, where the oil gets slung over all of the other components in there as they turn. A hole in the bottom of the gearbox housing allows the oil to drain back into the chaincase, so it is basically a continuous flow of oil...IF there is enough oil in the chaincase for the lower gear/chain to pick up. This is why losing the oil in the chaincase would have damaged the reverse gearbox.

Back