• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

07 Phazer GT Hard Steering

subysti04

Extreme
This just seemed to get real bad on my wife's phazer. I lifted it off the ground and its still real hard to turn. Is there a grease fitting somewhere for the steering I missed? Why would it get hard to steer all of a sudden?

Assuming its not due to physical damage, the upper steering block is just plastic and may be worn out. I upgraded to the OFT steering block and it not only eliminated the sloppiness in the steering shaft but also smoothed out the steering.

lube the tie rods at the boot - both of mine did this - other than that you may have to strip the plastic to make sure the bracket at the first joint is still tight to the frame.

there are also bearings on the stem on top and bottom. The ones on my phazer with 4K were pretty tough but I bought a new subframe and the bearings are in much better shape. maybe pull the stem and pack some grease down there?

cannondale27 said:
Has the Snow intrusion recall been done? This helps prevent Icing in the steering rack area.

anyone have pics of what this entails? This is an expired recall, so it cant be done retro-actively. Mine was never done. Curious if its something I can engineer myself?

Also you might have had the tierods come lose and turn so that they bind.. Happened to med after i hit a tree stump :)

Thanks!!!

am I reading that right? it was just that plastic cover and those 'ears' on the side of the airbox?

Yes pretty much.Probably more important is the filterclip mod.Saw some blown engines from ingesting those clips.

Back