• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2022 EPS Power Steering review

Suddenly shims are a big thing on the new Stryke skis...... WTF......

I know you don't want shims under the heel of the skis for the SnowTrackers. The will get to darting, hunting and hard steering if the corrector doesn't contact the snow surface. O course the hard steering will not effect the EPS sleds. Looks like these shims are causing more headaches on the EPS sleds than in the past. Sounds like it can really mess with the handling and darting more than normal. I've never messed with the strike skis, but how's its going to react when the rubber bumpers take a set? Its why I never liked shimming the heel in the past with normal carbides, because the rubber gets weak and settles in anyway.

Guess if I get a new EPS sled I can plan to thro the stock skis away right away and go to my favorite Doo 5.7R skis and aggressive trackers right away. This shimming skis sounds like a pain to get things "just right" only to have the rubber compress and take a set.

Well I finally got 90% of the darting gone it took the 7.5 shim plus another .125 shim under it to get there biggest problem is it pushes like crazy so now on to my next experiment lol
Which carbides where you using with this shim set up?

Which carbides where you using with this shim set up?

I believe he said he was using Woody Doolys earlier and could not get it to stop darting and hunting, which it should never do with dual carbides like that.

That is strange, my sled is strait as an arrow with the double downs. 5.0 shim in the rear.
My ski's are toed out less than 1/8 inch per side.

I'm surprised you guys like the Stud Boy Deuce bars. I run them in early season lower snow and don't think much of them myself. They push horribly with any type of speed, dart around and don't do anything well but protect the ski IMO
Just as a theory I think the people out here like these type of wear bars is because we don't really have any trails that are high speed for very long. They seem to work well in tight twisty trails. Some railbeds and northern N.H. are about the only places you can run high speed for extended periods of time. Northern Main excluded of course.
Polaris guys all run them here.
What we DO have is a TON of dirt road crossings, driveway crossings and dirt road running in some spots. Runner like the duallys, Snow trackers and such that have a lot of stuff hanging off the bottom of the ski tend to get beat up, bent and in the case of dual runners, have rocks stick in between the runners, which is a pain.

Woodys 6” Dooleys
I have not run dooleys yet on my 2022 Gt, only the double downs and there was no darting at all. Pushing, but no darting.

Back