• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2022 EPS Power Steering review

I just ordered a pair of the Slydog Command skis to give them a try on my 2023 LTX LE w/power steering. Not totally dissatisfied with the Stryke skis, but think they could be better as they seem to push more than I like in certain conditions. Hopefully I'll get them before my trip next weekend.
Those skis look interesting.
What pattern are the skegs? Are they there own bolt pattern or the same as Cat/Yamaha ski?
I just built a set on their site and they seem reasonably priced .
Waiting to hear what you think.

Those skis look interesting.
What pattern are the skegs? Are they there own bolt pattern or the same as Cat/Yamaha ski?
I just built a set on their site and they seem reasonably priced .
Waiting to hear what you think.

From what I can tell, the Command uses the same bolt pattern as C&A and Curve. With my order, I purchased the 8” Snow Studs Round Bar to try first. Would like to see if they dart or not before trying our a pair of Slim Jims.

From what I can tell, the Command uses the same bolt pattern as C&A and Curve. With my order, I purchased the 8” Snow Studs Round Bar to try first. Would like to see if they dart or not before trying our a pair of Slim Jims.
Yes same pattern as C&A and Curves. When I bought mine the only carbide in stock were the shaper bar. I can tell you they absolutely don’t dart even on frozen trails, they track extremely straight, it’s something do do with the reverse angle keel. Not to mention that they rail in the corners with no push..

You got me super excited no Winterfab! Sure hope they show up before my trip next week!

You got me super excited no Winterfab! Sure hope they show up before my trip next week!
Well my Slydog Command skis arrived just in time for my trip this past weekend and I was able to put on 850 miles over 4 days in Northern WI and the UP. We had all different types of snow conditions, so it was a really good test to see how they performed. I had gotten the Snow Studs Magnum 8” round bars for the skis. I have to say with my ‘23 LTX LE with EPS, I really like them….a lot! Can’t believe the sled just went where you pointed it and didn’t have any push. I did get some slight darting under certain conditions with hard packed trails and sometimes under harder deceleration. Overall, I am super happy with them and they are staying on!

I still need to make some suspension changes as I have a bit of inside ski lift since day 1 as I can’t get the locked collar to move on the center shock. Any tips on getting that collar loose???

Well my Slydog Command skis arrived just in time for my trip this past weekend and I was able to put on 850 miles over 4 days in Northern WI and the UP. We had all different types of snow conditions, so it was a really good test to see how they performed. I had gotten the Snow Studs Magnum 8” round bars for the skis. I have to say with my ‘23 LTX LE with EPS, I really like them….a lot! Can’t believe the sled just went where you pointed it and didn’t have any push. I did get some slight darting under certain conditions with hard packed trails and sometimes under harder deceleration. Overall, I am super happy with them and they are staying on!

I still need to make some suspension changes as I have a bit of inside ski lift since day 1 as I can’t get the locked collar to move on the center shock. Any tips on getting that collar loose???
I just use a standard (flat) screwdriver and a hammer. Gently tap the locking collar, it will move eventually :).

So you would recommend the Slydog skis over the strykes?

Good to hear you like them a lot, once you loosen the center spring leave the bottom locking nut hand tight so you can make adjustments on the trail, I’ve had mine hand tight for the last 3 years and it has never moved.

When I move onto a eps SW my first upgrade with be these skis..

I just use a standard (flat) screwdriver and a hammer. Gently tap the locking collar, it will move eventually :).

So you would recommend the Slydog skis over the strykes?

Thanks for the tips.

I would recommend the Slydog skis over the Stryke skis if using EPS. I'm sure they are more of an aggressive ski, so without power steering they would probably be a bit tougher to turn.....but I don't 100% know for sure. With EPS, I don't notice any more or less steering effort than the Stryke skis. Overall, very happy with them.

Thanks for the tips.

I would recommend the Slydog skis over the Stryke skis if using EPS. I'm sure they are more of an aggressive ski, so without power steering they would probably be a bit tougher to turn.....but I don't 100% know for sure. With EPS, I don't notice any more or less steering effort than the Stryke skis. Overall, very happy with them.
I knew you would be happy with them, I don’t like misleading people in the wrong direction, I tried them on my non eps SW and they worked really good except for the steering effort that was required but it’s a non factor with eps. I bet your slight darting issues are from the round bar carbides and can be fixed. I had sharper bars and even with my center shock at minimal preload I had zero darting.

Great thanks! I may have to get a pair of shaper bars and give them a try. I also need to adjust my center shock and take out some preload.

Even the woody ace bars would work

I just ordered a pair of shaper bars to try out. Now we just need some snow after this warm spell. So glad I was able to get our trip in and do 850 miles of smiles.

I'm not a fan of the shaper bars. Checked mine before my trip Friday and both runners were broken in half. Welded back together for now, but the carbide is still in good shape.

I just ordered a pair of shaper bars to try out. Now we just need some snow after this warm spell. So glad I was able to get our trip in and do 850 miles of smiles.
VERY interested on how this works with shaper bars.
I have shapers on my Stryke skis, and they have some darting, not much but unacceptable to me. I can't seem to dial out the darting with these skis.
I have been fooling with double downs on the Stryke skis and have dialed out a lot of the push, but they dont turn like shapers
What stud pattern do the Slydog skis use? Arctic Cat? Or thier own.

EPS is a game changer for sure. I rode a T-Cat with shapers vs. my 2022 GT EPS. My sled felt 100 pounds lighter.

Back