• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2022 EPS Power Steering review

Does that pattern copy and of the 4 manufactures or is it C&A's own bolt pattern?

Believe it’s C&A, Curve, Sly Dog that use the same pattern

I never hear about the USI Triple Threat Skis, these skis are awesome on the STX-GT. They really help float, I have aftermarket EPS and with these skis it's a great combo. Anyone else out there got the USI skis?

I never hear about the USI Triple Threat Skis, these skis are awesome on the STX-GT. They really help float, I have aftermarket EPS and with these skis it's a great combo. Anyone else out there got the USI skis?
How do they go down the trail? Darting? Carbide length?
I am open to all ideas.
Just looked these up on the USI site---$$$$$$$$

Last edited:
I run 9 inch dual shaper bars with stock skis on mostly groomed trails on my Tcat. Have not noticed darting problems with the EPS.

How do they go down the trail? Darting? Carbide length?
I am open to all ideas.
Just looked these up on the USI site---$$$$$$$$
I thought they were expensive but at the end of the day they are a great ski. I run 6" stud boy duel's also very expensive. I think they are excellent going down the trail and darting is not an issue. what is best with this ski is the front end floats so much better on ungroomed snow and get a real decent lift. The front would sink bad with the tuners in deep snow and now not a problem if moving along. Steve tried out my sled, maybe he can weigh in on the whole steering thing. I love it, absolutely no wrestling at all, grease lightning steering until dead stop. actually now that I think of it Steve seemed a bit befuddled by the handling, he didn't ride it long enough I think.

I'm surprised you guys like the Stud Boy Deuce bars. I run them in early season lower snow and don't think much of them myself. They push horribly with any type of speed, dart around and don't do anything well but protect the ski IMO. I can never wait to get them off and go to my SnowTrackers.

Back on track with the power steering, my bud with his 23 SRX tried Slim Jims on his EPS sled and noticed darting/hunting and of course, a pushing front end which I know would happen with the Slim Jim carbides. Slim Jims are not known to dart and hunt so I'm begining to wonder what's up with the reports on the EPS sleds doing this with known anti-darting/hunting setups.

He's now going to try the Doo 5.7 Race skis and Aggressive Trackers that we both have run on every Doo and Yamaha we have ever owned. If these hunt and dart then I don't know what to think about the EPS sleds.

Ernie, did you ever get the 23 SRX darting and hunting fixed or dialed out?

EPS is a never-go-back innovation. Tcat with 270 PM tune, upgraded QS3 center shock, and curve skis with leading edge and shapers (super aggressive) is the best snowmobile I've ever owned. I tempted to say I'm finally done seeking something better!

Back on track with the power steering, my bud with his 23 SRX tried Slim Jims on his EPS sled and noticed darting/hunting and of course, a pushing front end which I know would happen with the Slim Jim carbides. Slim Jims are not known to dart and hunt so I'm begining to wonder what's up with the reports on the EPS sleds doing this with known anti-darting/hunting setups.
How are the ski shims arranged on the SRX?

As an experiment, I just tried a set of double down carbides this week for @270 miles on my 2022 GT EPS. Absolutely NO darting, a push, yes. I was able to dial a lot of it out. Still would like something that bites a bit more.
The 2020 T-cat I ride with, and my sled react the same to similar changes. My GT feels 75 pounds lighter with the EPS through the tight stuff.
With the EPS, the bar effort is the same all day, no matter what changes the trail or snow goes through.
I don't believe the EPS contributes to darting in any way.
This EPS system just seems so much "tighter" than the old APEX system.
It would be hard for me to back to a Sidewinder/T-cat without this system.

How are the ski shims arranged on the SRX?

As an experiment, I just tried a set of double down carbides this week for @270 miles on my 2022 GT EPS. Absolutely NO darting, a push, yes. I was able to dial a lot of it out. Still would like something that bites a bit more.
The 2020 T-cat I ride with, and my sled react the same to similar changes. My GT feels 75 pounds lighter with the EPS through the tight stuff.
With the EPS, the bar effort is the same all day, no matter what changes the trail or snow goes through.
I don't believe the EPS contributes to darting in any way.
This EPS system just seems so much "tighter" than the old APEX system.
It would be hard for me to back to a Sidewinder/T-cat without this system.

Thats a good question. Whatever it came with I guess. I forgot they have those goofy shims on the skis. I bet even he doesn't know.

Mine came with a 5.0 in the rear of the left ski and a 5.0 in the front of the right ski !!!!
I have 7.5 set in the rear of both with the 0 shim in the front.

They are supposed to come with 5.0 in the rear and 0 in the front on EPS sleds.

I'm surprised you guys like the Stud Boy Deuce bars. I run them in early season lower snow and don't think much of them myself. They push horribly with any type of speed, dart around and don't do anything well but protect the ski IMO. I can never wait to get them off and go to my SnowTrackers.

He's now going to try the Doo 5.7 Race skis and Aggressive Trackers that we both have run on every Doo and Yamaha we have ever owned. If these hunt and dart then I don't know what to think about the EPS sleds.

Ernie, did you ever get the 23 SRX darting and hunting fixed or dialed out?
Well I finally got 90% of the darting gone it took the 7.5 shim plus another .125 shim under it to get there biggest problem is it pushes like crazy so now on to my next experiment lol

Back