• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

08-09 race season phazer

Race a real sport snowcross hahaha jks. Hows the sled working looking exactly the same a mine almost with a few exceptions. I ended up running a fox rear shock of a 2005 Arcticat snox sled in the rear it Fit perfectly just had to make some bushings. cheers let me know

Steve used to be a good SX driver. I am going the other way I am going from SX to CC this year we will see how that goes!!! I still am running 3-5 SX though

I see…..so the circuit you race on…there are not many sweeping turns like you are doing in the last photos. They are mostly sharp turns – dive into the burm – then get it squared up to come out…is that right?

What interested me is how the handling went away from your first photo set to the last set. I do see where you locked on the brakes in one of the last photos making the suspension react.

If in fact the circuit is tight – then maybe heavy steering with a light rear end is best, like you changed to.

Riding with style is fun – winning is more fun.
Where do you usually finish in a race?
Are they all Phazers?

Keep the pictures coming – I don’t have a nice sled like yours ….the stressed pictures of the sled are not what we normally see.

RJH said:
I see…..so the circuit you race on…there are not many sweeping turns like you are doing in the last photos. They are mostly sharp turns – dive into the burm – then get it squared up to come out…is that right?

What interested me is how the handling went away from your first photo set to the last set. I do see where you locked on the brakes in one of the last photos making the suspension react.

If in fact the circuit is tight – then maybe heavy steering with a light rear end is best, like you changed to.

Are they all Phazers?

Keep the pictures coming – I don’t have a nice sled like yours ….the stressed pictures of the sled are not what we normally see.
You have to remember he's on lake ice, on a trail is more hard pack snow/ice so you will have more bite. The only way to get a good turn on ice is to lower it down, but i don't think he would like the ride over the big bumps. put it down this low and he will be fine :jump:

Attachments

• MQ8W9564_F.jpg
    MQ8W9564_F.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 80
PureBlue said:
RJH said:

Are they all Phazers?

I LIKE IT :-o

You have to remember he's on lake ice, on a trail is more hard pack snow/ice so you will have more bite. The only way to get a good turn on ice is to lower it down, but i don't think he would like the ride over the big bumps. put it down this low and he will be fine :jump:

Nice pictures - you race with trees around.... :drink:

Thanks for the update - how long is a race miles and time?

RJH said:
Nice pictures - you race with trees around.... :drink:

Thanks for the update - how long is a race miles and time?

The regular races are about 30min aprox 30-45 miles I500 is 500 miles.

I love the trees, Just rally threw them.

Steve

PureBlue said:

Not necessarily. The key is to transfer the weight to the out side ski for most bite. Sorta – want the sled to flip over. Once you get that – you can start to bring it down.

Ideally ….you want an independent suspended sled as low as you can go – yet still have the bite. Watch the guys on the pro ovals that win…..– the inside ski is just feather the ground.

Your sled is getting around OK – in the avatar but you are doing it with the weight on the inside ski. In the photo - the sled looks like it has got the weight to the outside - but I can tell better if you have a shot of you going in.

I have some pictures to better explain if you are interested. You are leaning to make it steer – you need to get the weight to the outside ski so the lean ….is to stop it from flipping over.

His cross country sled looked to be handling well – as I mentioned after the first pictures. In the 2nd shots – it looked uncomfortable.

The further set of pictures show just how stiff his skid is – as it didn’t fully compress on that jump…well maybe the camera was too fast and it compressed after.

I’m not criticizing you guys…not trying to be a smart #*$&@…..I can't compete with you guys ....I like racing…you can listen or not.

Back