• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

08 FX Nytro Engine Failure @ 9000 km's/5625 MI

Yellowknife said:
Nice!

Nytro Engine Update:

I have really great news, and I really don't know how to repay the people I owe this news to. Despite the timing chain tensioner being backordered, a combined effort from my dealer Force One in Yellowknife and Chris Reid/Yamaha Canada managed to find one for me and it is being shipped our way which should be enough time to get it installed before I leave for Ontario.

I can't say enough good things about the support I get from all of the above people and those of you online. Situations that could easily leave me sledless for months are always backed up by hard work from the dealer floor right up to the corporate level. Without this support I'd have a lot less seat time.

I'll say it again and again, never ever have I seen a dealer and manufacturer step in to assist a consumer so much. The backing I get and all the support is appreciated BIG TIME and there's just no way 'thank you' feels like nearly enough, but I owe you guys, so THANKS!!

YK

Good to hear!

Ported Hornet said:
Yellowknife said:
Nice!

Nytro Engine Update:

I have really great news, and I really don't know how to repay the people I owe this news to. Despite the timing chain tensioner being backordered, a combined effort from my dealer Force One in Yellowknife and Chris Reid/Yamaha Canada managed to find one for me and it is being shipped our way which should be enough time to get it installed before I leave for Ontario.

I can't say enough good things about the support I get from all of the above people and those of you online. Situations that could easily leave me sledless for months are always backed up by hard work from the dealer floor right up to the corporate level. Without this support I'd have a lot less seat time.

I'll say it again and again, never ever have I seen a dealer and manufacturer step in to assist a consumer so much. The backing I get and all the support is appreciated BIG TIME and there's just no way 'thank you' feels like nearly enough, but I owe you guys, so THANKS!!

YK

Good to hear!

Exactly, well done Yamaha Canada and Dealer. Its nice to hear that they are there to help and care. Not like the constant barrage of how they suck.

Awesome news YK.

I also owe a big thanks to Wildwood Sports in Winnipeg.

This, from Chris:

"Hey YK glad to hear you are up and running but I cannot take any of the credit on this one, I did have your back with a contingency but what happened was an example of our dealers working together. Our system allows dealers to communicate and helps them to locate products when the need arisies. In this case Paul and the good folks at Wildwood Sports had the tensioner in stock and offered to part with it for. It was your dealer Force One, who put it all together, just another advantage of being part of the Yamaha family cheers cr"

Yellowknife said:
Nice!

Nytro Engine Update:

YK

Engine update:

I have some not so great news followed by good news.

The engine was repaired last Friday, 1 week before my departure. I took it out to test it on the weekend and there is a massive amount of vibration coming from the engine. Unfortunately there is another problem and they have the motor apart again trying to diagnose it. This means it won't be ready for my trip, and it isn't going to be coming with me.

In lieu of that, I've done a lot of thinking, looking over my riding style, where I live, the circumstances around my trip which has been in planning since May of 2009, and I've decided to quit sleding and cancel my trip.

JUST KIDDING! AS IF!

(the nytro engine story is true) so in lieu of the Nytro being down, i've decided to buy a 3rd machine, and given the support I get from my dealer and Yamaha, it was a no-brainer it would be a Yammi - and given I purchased the Nytro MTX in 2008 for the long track and the lack of a Nytro cross-over sled being offered at the time, i'm picking up an XTX so it will join the Phazer on the road trip to Ontario on Friday.

It is a 2009 XTX leftover (new)...I didn't seen any difference between 2009 and 2010 on the Yammi website. I would love the 2010 in black (my fav) but can't beat the deal i'm getting (especially under the circumstances) from my dealer on the 2009.

Christmas is saved! And now I have 3 sleds. Given that both of my sleds have been down at the same time about 3 weeks each winter, I think I can actually get use out of 3 machines. How bad is that?

I didn't think i'd get financing but I did...so here I go to the dealer now to sign the dotted line.

Merry Christmas folks,

YK

Merry Christmas Yellowknife and congrats on your new sled :)

Another update on the Nytro engine and the vibration.

The counter balance shaft is bent, believed to have been done when the timing chain tensioner let go.

Give me a motor that can withstand the conditions here and it will withstand anything on the planet. The question was long posed, would a 4 stroke hold up given all the 2 stroke motor's I went through. The answer is no, not over the long term, unless you want to call both my failures fluke...I don't really care, the service and support I get outweighs it all.

Anyone who rides a lot has to have more than a couple sleds! I just never sell my old ones as I always end up needing them at one time or another down the road.

I do, but for different purposes. One for fun and one for long distance trail riding and towing stuff around. I've even had 3 sleds at times back in the 2stroke days, back then the secondary sleds were backup sleds.

Back