• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

'08 Nytro bump steer improvement

Glad to see you got to test your sled out.

I've only had one ride with snow conditions that formed washboard stutters on the trails. The stutters were soft and not set up so I couldn't get a perfect feel of how well the bump steer was reduced. Going into the corners my sled tracked better and did not wiggle the bars like it used to.

Earlier in the season we had some nicely spaced, super hard, wind drifts on a section of trail that created a whoop section. I could run through that section with more control than how my sled handled before the mod.

The new, forward swept aftermarket fronts ends that are being produced look promising. I'm watching to see how the Skins front end holds up because what works for mountain guys doesn't mean it will work for a ditch banging trail sled. The Zbros front end is nice that you can use your stock shocks and costs a lot less but the upper shock mounts look really weak. I don't trust the design.

I have tried this mod and ive got to say this mod along with studs in the track has made me absolutely love this sled, I had second thoughts about the sled when i first rode it in the beggining of Dec, the only thing i have to say is if you are going to cut the 08 tie rods, be sure to cut 1/4 inch off each end, i tried to be lazy and cut 1/2 inch of just the one end,and it doesnt work, sure felt stupid being lazy. LOL Did it right on the other side and it worked perfect. Thanks alot for sharing this mod!!

so this is just fore the 08.
anyone heard from 00-nuke, if he have testet his sleed and the modification he had done on is 2011xtx. whit 5.08mm shaving ball joint 14mm shim, and moving down the steering joint 8.25mm down. Sounds like i got to test this.

Schlorven said:
so this is just fore the 08.
anyone heard from 00-nuke, if he have testet his sleed and the modification he had done on is 2011xtx. whit 5.08mm shaving ball joint 14mm shim, and moving down the steering joint 8.25mm down. Sounds like i got to test this.

Check out the last post on the previous page.

Crazykid,
Glad you found this useful! Nice to hear that the stock tie rods can be shortened enough, that will save a guy around $60 since they won't have to buy '09 tie rods.

crazykid said:
I have tried this mod and ive got to say this mod along with studs in the track has made me absolutely love this sled, I had second thoughts about the sled when i first rode it in the beggining of Dec, the only thing i have to say is if you are going to cut the 08 tie rods, be sure to cut 1/4 inch off each end, i tried to be lazy and cut 1/2 inch of just the one end,and it doesnt work, sure felt stupid being lazy. LOL Did it right on the other side and it worked perfect. Thanks alot for sharing this mod!!
;)!

If you want to lower the tie rods even more couldn't you mount the tie rod below the lower tab. You could use a long bolt through both tabs, with a spacer filling the void. It would seem strong enough, you are still using both tabs, you would put the most stress on the bolts, would need to use high strength bolts as I assume you are now, just longer.

That's a good idea but it would be too low. It is pretty surprising to see how small of an angle change effects the bumps steer.

Back