• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

08 Nytro - subframe finally bent

MNUser

Expert
I knew it was only a matter of time. Now, just to onfirm a few things.

1. The 2010 subframe will fit on an 08 Nytro?

2. I see one dealer is selling 2010 subframes for about 375?

3. Is this this something a normal mechanic can replace? Does not look to difficult based on my readings here.

I noticed there is about 2 inches difference in the two skis in the length from the sled. The one side shock is not centered either. Kinda bummed since it is my kids sled but I know is was an accident. We think he hit something ditch bangin. Oh well, happens.

Any advice you want to give? I open to ideas. I will look at fixing it this summer during the warm season.

Thanks for the help.

MNUser said:
I knew it was only a matter of time. Now, just to onfirm a few things.

1. The 2010 subframe will fit on an 08 Nytro?

2. I see one dealer is selling 2010 subframes for about 375?

3. Is this this something a normal mechanic can replace? Does not look to difficult based on my readings here.

I noticed there is about 2 inches difference in the two skis in the length from the sled. The one side shock is not centered either. Kinda bummed since it is my kids sled but I know is was an accident. We think he hit something ditch bangin. Oh well, happens.

Any advice you want to give? I open to ideas. I will look at fixing it this summer during the warm season.

Thanks for the help.

It's not hard, just a good chunk of work. The suggestion I would make is to get a hold of grizztrack and get his support plates. Have them welded into the new subframe before you install it.

As for the 2010 vs 2008 I believe it is a direct bolt in but maybe someone can confirm that for sure.

good luck ;)!

They are all interchangeable. The only change in subframes since 08 is Yamaha's attempt to strengthen the newer frames. The new frames are stronger than the 08 and 09 versions but still are weak in certain areas and tend to bend.

I saw a post from awhile back that said Sports Plaza was selling them for that. Have not confirmed. Going to see if I can straighten with a bar before I jump in and buy a new one.

If they not selling for that, I hope to find one for 450 or so. I have thought about getting rid of one of the Nytros and picking up something else. Only time will tell. No hurry, season is finished here anyway.

Is it possible to bend it back while still attached to the sled? I saw a post on here where somebody has used a crowbar to push it back into place.

If so, is it best to remove the front shock before attempting this?

I think I might try to bend it back and then run it like that for the rest of my ownership.

jmehok said:
Who has them for $375?

X2 on this, if they are selling for $375 I will order a spare right now as these frames are crap. I was going to try and straighten my bent frame that is off sled now and keep as a spare but for that price why even bother.
Lowest price I could find a couple of weeks ago was $475

MNUser said:
Is it possible to bend it back while still attached to the sled? I saw a post on here where somebody has used a crowbar to push it back into place.

If so, is it best to remove the front shock before attempting this?

I think I might try to bend it back and then run it like that for the rest of my ownership.

Its best to straighten it out while the frame is installed on the sled.

Search for grizztracks posts about this. He has the measurements you need posted.

Your right on the 475. I did some calling and that price was two years ago. My local dealer want 700. I think I got them down to 500 but I will have to go to the dealer to confirm. I informed them that I would like my money to stay local but in the end if it goes somewhere else it is their loss.

I will post and share results.

The stock subframe bends back real easy. Just add gusset and should be good to go. Make sure the a arms are staight when you start measuring.

Bending it back will only solve it for a little while. It'll bend back and much easier. Better change it out. I know there are some posts, and pics, on how to do this. Anyone knowledgeable looking at buying a used Nytro would look into issues and a new straight frame makes it easier to sell.

If you're gonna ride it again this season, I say bend it back and then tighten all the bolts on both sets of A arms. You don't want those bolts backing out, trust me on that one.

Back