• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

08 Race Sled ???

I have read on the site passion-yamaha.com that this year race sled is testing a motor with a supercharger,like there waverunner motor ( 1812cc ).

ROCKRTX said:
I have read that this year race sled is testing a motor with a supercharger,like there waverunner motor ( 1812cc ).
sounds right! polaris has a supercharger on the dragon...why not put one stock on the best performing 4-stroke in the business! could be on to something there!

Attachments

• 982-Testing2.jpg
    982-Testing2.jpg
    104.7 KB · Views: 462
  • 982-Yam_race_testing.jpg
    982-Yam_race_testing.jpg
    118.9 KB · Views: 486
The snowdust looks a little fake in the last pic,lol
Mann does that sled sit high in the rear.

that is an apex with a diff windsheild,possibly 09 apex.....looks very wide under windsheild..

Well once you get ROOSTED by one of those sno-x guys You'll be looking for ANYTHING to duck behind.

I understand this race sleds is NOT nearly as closr to a production sled as we were lead to believe!! (but that is neither here nor there!!)

Completely different suspension, different A-arms, different plastic. Engine is making over 180hp (this is undiclosed at the moment) and weights 450....
Looks like Yamaha has stepped up their game this year.. I just wish they would support MORE racers... Perfect example is one of two gets taken out where does that leave them......

IMHO! They need at least 6 racers in both classes More iron on the track will tell them more about what they need to address!!! With NO Ski-doo XP's in the stock class (ok just a select handfull) and cat running a completely new unproven chassis... Loos REAL good for Polaris @ Duluth....

Come on Mr Taylor Show us all what 148hp can do to the rest of the class!!

(I have been asked to edit thos post... and have)

sleddheadd said:
ROCKRTX said:
I have read that this year race sled is testing a motor with a supercharger,like there waverunner motor ( 1812cc ).
sounds right! polaris has a supercharger on the dragon...why not put one stock on the best performing 4-stroke in the business! could be on to something there!

what dragon do they have a supercharger on? Sure you don't meen a turbo?

I don't think we will see a supercharged motor in the race sled, I believe that they aren't allowed to run one in them...MAYBE a 180 hp N/A triple, like an upgraded 130 motor....time will tell..only a couple more days...

obr said:
sleddheadd said:
ROCKRTX said:

I don't think we will see a supercharged motor in the race sled, I believe that they aren't allowed to run one in them...MAYBE a 180 hp N/A triple, like an upgraded 130 motor....time will tell..only a couple more days...

I forgot to mention it is Jimmy Blaze freestyle sled that is testing the supercharger.

obr said:
sleddheadd said:
ROCKRTX said:

;):D maybe it was turbo. i left the article at work on the lunch table..... probably was turbo! lol..... you guys know what i mean!! :bash: lol.... i think it is in the new snowgoer, article about the top 3 four strokes . .... lol.. :die ..turbo?-supercharger? whats the difference? :dunno: lol...... i've been working way to many hours lately! :bore:

Back