• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

'08 Vector Accessories

Elypsis

Extreme
Wondering what, if anything, everyone has added/changed on their sleds (ie. skid plates, A-arm protectors, different windshields, etc.) and how you like them. If you've added something, let's see some pics please.

Hey Elypsis, how do you say that anyway? All I have added is a black skid plate, I had a Skins tunnel bag ordered form Royal but it is currently out of stock, I also have a set of Yamaha combination sport saddle bags ordered. I will put up a pic once I get them. Oh yeah I also put a small back pack in the nose to carry a few things I might need, I am thinking I will order the Yamaha nose bag though.

For now the stock windshield works fine, and I like the looks of it. I was going to order a 2" pivot riser to put on top of the factory riser but I have since changed my mind. I would have to put a set of hand guards on if I did and I find they get in the way. So for now I will leave it alone.

Elypsis (E-lip-sis)...it's a play on the word "Ellipsis" in writing that refers to the row of three full stops (… or . . . ) or asterisks (***) sometimes used to indicate a pause in speech, an unfinished thought or, at the end of a sentence, a trailing off into silence. But enough of that... <-- That's an ellipsis, right there! :)

I was also thinking about saddle bags for the occasional overnighter that I tend to do a few times/season. I'd be really interested in seeing how they look on your machine. I also noticed the back pack in the nose that you had the day I saw you on Smoker's Hill. I can see that being handy.

Aside from the saddle bags I've been thinking about adding mirrors (although I have yet to see a Vector with these) and A-arm protectors to provide a little more protection and add a little more flotation. And, of course, to give it a different look. I'm just wondering how much time I'd spend trying to keep them clear of ice/snow buildup. :p

Happy riding, keep the rubber side down. :)

radianguy said:
Hey Elypsis, how do you say that anyway? All I have added is a black skid plate, I had a Skins tunnel bag ordered form Royal but it is currently out of stock, I also have a set of Yamaha combination sport saddle bags ordered. I will put up a pic once I get them. Oh yeah I also put a small back pack in the nose to carry a few things I might need, I am thinking I will order the Yamaha nose bag though.

For now the stock windshield works fine, and I like the looks of it. I was going to order a 2" pivot riser to put on top of the factory riser but I have since changed my mind. I would have to put a set of hand guards on if I did and I find they get in the way. So for now I will leave it alone.

Elypsis said:
Aside from the saddle bags I've been thinking about adding mirrors (although I have yet to see a Vector with these) and A-arm protectors to provide a little more protection and add a little more flotation. And, of course, to give it a different look. I'm just wondering how much time I'd spend trying to keep them clear of ice/snow buildup. :p

Happy riding, keep the rubber side down. :)

I've thought about the A-arm protectors too but they look like they're more work than their worth. As for the mirrors, I miss them but I am not about to add them to my new sled yet. I am using a mirror that goes on my glove for now, all you really need to see is the light behind ya anyway right.

On my LTX GT I have;

- Blue skidplate (Skidplate is a must IMO...)
- Nose-bag (Nice additional carrying space...)
- Windshield-bag (For charging the cell-phone while riding...)
- Handlebar-bag (For the water-bottle and candy-bars...)
- Handlebar-pad (To hide the hiddious grey cable-wraps...)
- Ice-scratchers (A must with the 1,75" lugs...)
- 1,75" Back Country track (A must for the deep powder days...)
- Ski-doo Extroverts (Worth every penny...)
- Hitch-kit (Needed for towing a sleigh, our small groomer, or a buddy...)

Now, if only someone would send me a few feet of snow... LOL :letsnow:

Attachments

• Bilde004 (Large).jpg
    Bilde004 (Large).jpg
    97.8 KB · Views: 151
  • Bilde005 (Large).jpg
    Bilde005 (Large).jpg
    71 KB · Views: 138
I have an '07 Vector and just added a set of mirrors. They are the same version that currently come with the Venture. I was hesitant at first because I thought it detracted from the lines of the sled, but in hind sight I'm glad I put them on just for the added visibility when riding with others. The kit comes with templates for drilling holes - you'll need to take off the windshield and top of the dash to mount everything; and drill (I think it was) 8 finger-sized holes through the windshield and headlight trim piece. Used a forstner bit in a hand drill and it worked great. Took maybe a couple hours all said and done.

I have added to my 08' LTX

- 2" Aluminium Risers
- Powermadd Handgaurds w/Powermadd Mirrors
- Windshield Bag
- ShockPros Black Covers
- Sled Solutions Carryall Map Bag
- 162 Studs w/Studboy Double Backers
- Studboy 9" Shaper Bars
- 4th Wheel Kit on Monoshock RA
- Blue Rear Idler Wheels
- Blue Skid Plate

Attachments

• Day Ride - Arthur - Clifford - Jan. 1 - 2008 018.JPG
    Day Ride - Arthur - Clifford - Jan. 1 - 2008 018.JPG
    80.7 KB · Views: 163
Elypsis said:
I was also thinking about saddle bags for the occasional overnighter that I tend to do a few times/season. I'd be really interested in seeing how they look on your machine. I also noticed the back pack in the nose that you had the day I saw you on Smoker's Hill. I can see that being handy.
Here' the pics of the saddle bags, they worked good, and I packed alot more into them than I thought I could. I didn't want to drill my tunnel at the back to attach the suppled loop for fastening the rear of the bags so I just put the straps around the rear bumper. Bad idea, I got at smokers hill and when I looked the straps were burnt off. I will have to find a better way to attach the straps for the rear.
DSC01364.jpg

I came up with a great way to attach a mirror to my sled. I have the mirror that goes on your glove, today I wrapped the strap around the end of my bar and it worked great.

radianguy said:
Elypsis said:
Here' the pics of the saddle bags, they worked good, and I packed alot more into them than I thought I could. I didn't want to drill my tunnel at the back to attach the suppled loop for fastening the rear of the bags so I just put the straps around the rear bumper. Bad idea, I got at smokers hill and when I looked the straps were burnt off. I will have to find a better way to attach the straps for the rear.
DSC01364.jpg

I came up with a great way to attach a mirror to my sled. I have the mirror that goes on your glove, today I wrapped the strap around the end of my bar and it worked great.

Any pics of the mirror mounted to your sled?

Re: Dumb Question..

edmundsfly said:
RSV said:
On my LTX GT I have;
- Ski-doo Extroverts (Worth every penny...)

Could you shed a bit of light on what theses are? I've tried finding it on google, no luck.

I was typing a bit too fast... Doo extrovert drivers is what it should say. You will need to cut open your track-windows to use these, or change to a fully clipped track. And say goodbye to track-ratcheting! ;)!

Attachments

• RSVector LTX GT 071 (Large).jpg
    RSVector LTX GT 071 (Large).jpg
    72.9 KB · Views: 125
rik said:
radianguy said:
Elypsis said:
DSC01364.jpg

Any pics of the mirror mounted to your sled?
Sorry a bit late.

DSC01383.jpg

Hey radianguy, I almost attached my saddlebags the same way you described but then decided against it after seeing how the exhaust might burn the straps. I used the supplied loop and attached it mid-way on the tunnel extension. There is a relief in the rear heat exchanger support bracket towards the bumper and that is where I rivited the loop, right in the center of the relief. It works great! 1100 miles and no issues and it doesn't look bad at all without the saddlebags attached.

Regarding the original question, I also installed the accessory mid-height shield which is a bit higher and wider than stock and seems to help. I also pack clothing in the nose cone in a plastic bag. You can fit a lot of stuff in the nose cone and a simple plastic bag keeps the moisture and snow out.

radianguy said:

08 LTX GT Vector. I have added handlebar mount mirrors rather then drilling holes. I also have some aftermarket saddlebags which I will NEVER give up. Gotta love the extra storage space. Also have added the tall windshield. The tall usually comes with supports but this was a blem (can not find a blem on it) and did not have the supports but does have the holes for the supports. works good with no problems without the supports.

Attachments

• Mirrors and windshield 002.jpg
    Mirrors and windshield 002.jpg
    147.8 KB · Views: 135
  • Mirrors and windshield 005.jpg
    Mirrors and windshield 005.jpg
    156.4 KB · Views: 129
  • Mirrors and windshield 006.jpg
    Mirrors and windshield 006.jpg
    154.4 KB · Views: 132
Shown is a (snowy) pic of my 05 Vector. You can see the Venture style mirrors. Don't know if they still offer this style but they are the best mirrors I've ever had on a sled. Don't really care how they look...they WORK. ;)!

Sled has the "tall" Venture windshield. A Yamaha tank/map bag combo. A Yamaha windshield bag. "X" brand handlebar muffs (don't remember the brand - have had them for years). Also an X brand handlebar bag.

But I really think the saddle/trunk bag trio is the best! Almost hate to admit it but it's a Polaris all-in-one setup, and it has enough storage for 2 people on a multi day saddle bag trip. I bought it for my 2000 Polaris and it's as good as new. I'm almost 100% sure you can still get them on eBay (lookup "bluedave") for about $60. You rivet a strap clamp on each side of the tunnel (like in another pic on this thread) and there's RS & LS long straps that goes around your rear bumper and clasps together.

I can put a ton of stuff on my sled...but it still can't drive itself!! LOL! ;)!

Attachments

• Sony 028.jpg
    Sony 028.jpg
    505.3 KB · Views: 149

Back