• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

09 ntryo xtx rear shock?

DANX123

Expert
well i dont usually bitch to much about my sled, but. 2800 miles and now the third rear shock. same as the last 2 .blows the bottom side wall of the shock out. DONE. the shock at the bottom has been machined to be thinner than the mid secton. really expensive problem.

How much do you weigh? Or how hard are your landings when you jump off cliffs?

shocks

basic700 said:
How much do you weigh? Or how hard are your landings when you jump off cliffs?

200 lbs. usually stand up for any big hits coming. its not rare. my friends xtx has had similar problems. springs cranked up all the way. have had lots of other sleds with alum body res shocks in the back. have frozen some pretty bad but never blew a side wall out?

I would recomend a stiffer torsion spring, it will keep the shocks from bottoming all the time. Even after my TrailPro setup I had a hard time with bottoming, this year I put 1900nm springs off of a 07 Apex RTX, had to cut them down a bit (long end was too long) and I havent bottomed the skid yet this year. If I had to do it again I would order the 1500nm optional springs instead. Even with a tunnel bad (15-20lbs), 2.5 gallons of gas (20lbs) and me 260 + gear its a bit stiff still (springs on soft compression soft) I may install one of the stock springs and see what happens.

I weigh 220 w/o gear i barely bottom out my skid

bottoming out

basic700 said:

well thats great. i appreciate that you dont bottom out. i did and have split a shock. i have new one now and am currently rebuilding the front skid shock. have you rebuilt your shocks every year.. i was just stating a fact. split shock 3rd time and i have friends that have dont the same and the dealer has told me this has happened more than 1 time before.

Re: bottoming out

DANX123 said:
basic700 said:

well thats great. i appreciate that you dont bottom out. i did and have split a shock. i have new one now and am currently rebuilding the front skid shock. have you rebuilt your shocks every year.. i was just stating a fact. split shock 3rd time and i have friends that have dont the same and the dealer has told me this has happened more than 1 time before.

I have a hygear revalved stock rear with hi and low speed adjust i'll sell you.

250 with gear 10-15lbs in rear mount yama bag ride like i stole it most of the time. Shocks doing ok so far 2100 miles on my xtx. There must be something going on you dont know about. Anything is possible. I like yamaha sleds but I would have no problem pointing out a flaw like the crapy skis and small gas tank they stuck us with but never had a problem with the shocks on my 09 xtx. Would not trade this sled for less than a factory 200 hp sled.

Back