• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

09 XTX 20 miles WTF???????????????

XTX Kory

Veteran
Well just got back from my first ride on my brand new XTX. Sled is awesome! Noticed that the skis looked kinda funny and started poking around, looks like the a-arms might be bent? I was not aware that I hit anything atleast I did not feel the sled hit anything but I noticed a nick in the carbide so I must have, could not have been very hard cause I honestly did not feel anything. I ttok some pics of the shocks cause the left side shock is not centeresd and that ski is 2" back from the right side, almost looks like the spindle slammed up and bent upward. Any suggestions on what I should do, call dealer and see what Yamaha says (dealer is pretty ggod) or claim it on insurand? Real funny thing is sled handled awesome all ride never feltanything no pull no slap nothing! Any input you guys can give would be appreciated. thanks

Attachments

• 013.JPG
    013.JPG
    42.4 KB · Views: 79
  • 012.JPG
    012.JPG
    50.5 KB · Views: 92
  • 014.JPG
    014.JPG
    47.3 KB · Views: 108

You hit something with the lower A arm. Check the spindle and see if they are tilted the same degree. Did the same thing. $430 can. for lower A arm

Yeah the spindle looks like it is at a different angle, Not even a scratch on the a-arm, you would think I would have felt a hit that was hard enough to bend the arm. Anyone know if the mountain arms are the same as the XTX, there are a couple sets for sale on Ebay. Think I should just order some aftermarket arm? Who makes em? To be honest not even sure I can affoed to fix it. I may have to claim it on my insurance,

Those a-arms can react to off camber hits differently. I nailed a 4' ravine last year dead nutz on at 60 mph on my xtx. I went over the bars; sled ran over me & cracked 2 ribs. No damage what so ever to my xtx. I have seen guys take a slight glancing blow that you can hardly feel & tweak an a-arm.

Make sure you check the subframe because the smallest tweak there can really through things off at the ski. I don't remember hitting anything and I have a small rinkle in my gusset plate on the subframe. Yamaha denied me a replacement and said there is no problem with them even though if you look closely they changed it for 2010. I call Bull crap on Yamaha

Is it just me, or should it be "bent" the other way if you hit something? looks like something hit it in reverse????
If it is me please go easy on dumb remarks. :drink:

What happens when the subframe bends the top A arm stay where it is suppose to and the bottom shifts around making your shock look just like that. Check that gusset plat I would bet it is rinkled

This is second one in 2 weeks I have heard of. I would check where your arms connect to the sub frame because I would be more convinced that it tweaked the frame, rather than bending the arm. Check it out and let us know. More often than not I have seen it be the subframe... which if you don't have the coin to do it yourself, insurance and having your dealer do it would probably be best. But we all know how insurance works... you'll just pay more in premiums than the actual fix in the next 4 years.

And the beat goes on!

I really hate the fact that I am so nervous when I ride my sled, because every little thing I hit I think, THERE GOES ANOTHER SUB-FRAME. Sucks man!

I dont know just for giggles, check out your upper a arm bolts. some guys are saying they are coming loose. Maybe something on yours, hopefully a easy fix... Seems that this kind of stuff happens to me all the damn time too, get a nice new sled, ride it a few miles to find out I have now broke something that is going to cost me ton to fix.... I pray for you it is something simple...

My sled is the same way on the otherside, however the previous owner must have hit something decent with my sled as the subframe is bent, the ski was destroyed basically and the spindle was bent inward quite a bit. I just put the come-along on the lower a arm at the end where its beefy and pulled it as hard as i could between the forlift and a tractor and got it back within an inch now so its gonna stay that way for the season till i finish riding and i'll take it out in the spring to correct the bent subframe and add gussets to the frame like yamaha did in the '10 models. I dont notice my sled handling incorrectly with the bend but everyones different, hence why i'm leaving it till the season is over to fix. I did replace the skis and spindle on the bent side, there is a good thrad in the nytro MTX forum about bent subframes btw. :rocks:

XTX Kory said:
Well just got back from my first ride on my brand new XTX. Sled is awesome! Noticed that the skis looked kinda funny and started poking around, looks like the a-arms might be bent? I was not aware that I hit anything atleast I did not feel the sled hit anything but I noticed a nick in the carbide so I must have, could not have been very hard cause I honestly did not feel anything. I ttok some pics of the shocks cause the left side shock is not centeresd and that ski is 2" back from the right side, almost looks like the spindle slammed up and bent upward. Any suggestions on what I should do, call dealer and see what Yamaha says (dealer is pretty ggod) or claim it on insurand? Real funny thing is sled handled awesome all ride never feltanything no pull no slap nothing! Any input you guys can give would be appreciated. thanks

You hit something... These things are made to bend easy, so the frame itself does not get damaged... The ski-doo's are worse... I seen a few them crinkle pretty easy..

Snoxracer242 said:
And the beat goes on!

I really hate the fact that I am so nervous when I ride my sled, because every little thing I hit I think, THERE GOES ANOTHER SUB-FRAME. Sucks man!

Then sell it..... Since you already aluted to it... These forums are about helping and sharing info, not bitching and complaining. Call Yamaha yourself and do that...

The more I look at it, which is every hour or so< I am getting obsessed! It looks like the bottom a-arm actually bends up a little, If you look at the 1st pic of sled from the front the left a-arm (sleds left) appears to bend ever so slightly just past the sway bar mount. The spindle is almost straight up and down. Where exactly is the gusset plate anyone have a pic of what I should be looking for?? Man this sucks! I bought this sled in April, been waiting for 9 monthes to ride It!

Back