• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

09 XTX vs Fusion 900

Might as well get some educated opinions on this before I get too cocky.

I have a twin sister who recently moved up from a 700 MXZ (last year in the ZX chassis) to a 2005 Fusion 900. She says it is pretty quick (well I guess so!)… and that her boyfriend says it is faster than his 2005 800 renegade (with 1.75 inch lug).

Anyway is the Fusion faster than my stock XTX…. Anyone with experience? I’m guessing it should be faster on top end but how about off the line? She's not that aggressive of a rider on the trails so I'm not worried about that... but on the lakes she is not scared of speed so...

I’m going to Sault Ste. Marie over the Christmas holidays and am bringing my XTX to do some riding… Just sucks to think I’m going to get passed on every lake by my sister! Hahaha… but I hear the fusions were never that great of a sled… not sure exactly why but that seems to be the consensus that I have heard.

Oh and she picked the sled up from Michigan so OF COURSE IT IS STUDDED!
Hahaha

The Fusion is probably the most fickle sled anyone will ever come across. When everything is rite they are fast, damn fast. I think if the motor mounts are still good, the clutches are aligned, and the oil pump cable isn't broken so the pumps at full tilt all the time you will probably get beat. You may take him on hole shot but if running properly I would say you will be seeing tail lights by 45-50mph. If it hasn't been cared for by someone who knows what to look for on them you may have a chance. I believe the 06 900 were faster, they went to a 4 injector system rather then a two and refined them a bit. I own a 06 700 Fusion that my wife still rides, they can surprise you.

Here is a video we took a few years ago, towards the end we start doing some short drags and my 700 Fusion is ran against a buddies 07 F10, it held its own pretty well. We were switching riders just to see how wieght changes things. The 900 is it's big brother so it will only be faster.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=saRxJZzYgNY

Deerhunter said it right. I've owned both and the Fusion900 did get a bad rap from the internet. If all things were looked at properly, then yes I think it should beat you on the lake. They never really did much more than 100MPH though. Its funny how you see lots for sale with 5-6000 miles on them-how bad were they? They are not as bad as people said.

I owned a '05 900 Fusion. Sold it to my nephew a few years back. The sled is in our fleet of sleds. I cluthed and geared the sled. It runs pretty good. It will beat pretty much any other stock Fusion that hasn't been moded.

We raced two weekends ago when we were up riding. We raced from a 40 - 50 mph role because the Fusion wasn't studded. My XTX and the Fuse were dead nuts ski tip to ski tip til about 100. Then the Fuse got me by 1/2 sled length on top.

We just studed the Fuse this week. More races will be happening. Also we have a new 2010 1200 Renegade in our fleet also. I'll post all the results as they happen.

The Renegade was up riding that weekend also. Never had a chance to race. But we switched sleds and drivers back and forth. That Renegade seems pretty quick out of the hole. It will be a close race between the XTX and Gade.

Thanks for the heads up... I'll just play it cool and refrain from running my mouth. I'll get a chance to ride both hig gade and my sister's Fusion so it will be a comparison. I do like riding his gade with the 1.75 inch track so I'm thinking aobut upgrading to the back country sometime soon anyway.

Thanks guys.

Ride on... We' are getting dumped on right now in Northwest Ontario so tomorow is going to be a blast after the presents are open!

Later

Straight_up_XTX said:
... I'll just play it cool and refrain from running my mouth.

Later
Thats always the best way handle a situation like this. Its better to be a little modest and come out shining then to be cocky and get smoked!

Good luck ;)!

Yee ha,.. a 900 beat a 600 in a race. It would rather embarassing if you'd lost. If I had a bigger sled than my competition and lost, I'd burn my sled on the spot. I do not understand the excitement at all.

I understand the whole 600 class thing, but these really are NOT equal to a 600, when I lose and I race F8 and so on, I never hide behind well its only a 600. You run with the big Dawgs at times your going to be bit! And my sled will hold off my buddies 09 crossover 800 0 to 90+ he can not get by me. Fact, My sled is 1049cc.

My xtx is a 1049cc also but that doesn't put it in the same class as the apex. It's all based on horsepower. Which at 138 it probally should be a 700 class. However, Yamaha has deemed it 130 to keep it in the 600 class. The Nytro is an overachiever. YOu have to love the four stroke torque. I am merely busting the buddy, sister, brother, whoever that decided to post that straight-up-xtx was seeing tail lights, whereas that's how it should have resulted. :yam: :4STroke:

It's all fun!!!! But what I would like to know is when did he see the tail lights? I raced my wife her on an 07 Attak and 100 pound lighter than me but I don't see tail lights until she blow buy me when I reach 90MPH. She sees my tail light for quite awhile before she can pass me. The ol XTX just doesn't have any legs.
But since he is racing the ol polcat fussion it may get out of the hole a bit faster than a non studded Attak playing sit and spin with all that HP.

Back