• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

(1) Extra Tall Windshield Available

Gone Blue

VIP Member
Country
USA
Snowmobile
08' Nytro RTX 40th Anniversary - Stretched
We all know that Nytro windshields have become unobtainium. I stumbled across Powersports 1 selling new extra tall OEM windshields on eBay. They had 4 available when I ordered mine and now I see they have only (1) left. They look like the second picture in the listing. Lower edge is black with a Yamaha logo. thought I would share in case someone is interested. G.B.

We all know that Nytro windshields have become unobtainium. I stumbled across Powersports 1 selling new extra tall OEM windshields on eBay. They had 4 available when I ordered mine and now I see they have only (1) left. They look like the second picture in the listing. Lower edge is black with a Yamaha logo. thought I would share in case someone is interested. G.B.

Powersports 1 found more of the XL windshields in case anyone is looking for one. They have a new listing on eBay with more of these windys for sale. This thing is big and beautiful, haha GB

Attachments

• XL Windy Sm.jpg
    XL Windy Sm.jpg
    202.5 KB · Views: 75
Now, go out and buy your self a can of white Plasti-Dip and spray the backside of that windshield to match your side flares. JK

I did that to mine as well as the ones on my Apex. Nice thing about them is if you want to revert back, just peel it off.

EDIT: Of course, if your intention is to be able to see thru the windshield, then you can disregard. :drink:

Last edited:
Now, go out and buy your self a can of white Plasti-Dip and spray the backside of that windshield to match your side flares. JK

I did that to mine as well as the ones on my Apex. Nice thing about them is if you want to revert back, just peel it off.

EDIT: Of course, if your intention is to be able to see thru the windshield, then you can disregard. :drink:
Great idea, but I am short enough and the windshield is tall enough that I am looking thru it unless I am standing. haha, GB

Powersports 1 found more of the XL windshields in case anyone is looking for one. They have a new listing on eBay with more of these windys for sale. This thing is big and beautiful, haha GB
I just installed one of these extra tall windshields tonight. Had to remove my hand gaurds as they would hit the new window. With the coverage area I dont think I will need them anyway.

I just installed one of these extra tall windshields tonight. Had to remove my hand gaurds as they would hit the new window. With the coverage area I dont think I will need them anyway.
I did get the hand guards to fit with the extra tall windshield buy rotating them up. However, it would leave your fingertips more exposed which defeats the purpose of the guards. I also thought it looked really busy and cluttered on the handlebars with the hand guards installed with this giant windshield. So like you, I am hoping I won't need them with the coverage of the XL windshield. My hands are cold all the time. I am already running a Yamaheater and at the end of last year bought a pair of 509 heated gloves. Haha, yes, I have issues :)

Oh man, first ride this past weekend with XL windshield and it is awesome! You could literally smoke a cigarette at speed behind this thing, LOL With the side flares I have on, this is by far the warmest sled I have ever ridden. The hand protection seems great as well. I dont think I will need to add hand guards for sub zero temps? Super happy!

Attachments

• IMG-5536.jpg sm.jpg
    IMG-5536.jpg sm.jpg
    176.4 KB · Views: 63
The side flares are blue and are on there.
Hard to see in this pic.
Oh nice! I see them now. In your first picture I now see that that there is a white graphic reflection on the blue flare where it first looked to me that there wasnt a flare there, haha I have white flares on my sled. Flares are now harder to find than windshields for a Nytro?

Back