• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

10 gallon trail tank

attaknytro

Veteran
Hey guys,
I am wondering if any of you have installed the 10 gallon tank on the nytro. If you havent installed it, have you heard good or bad things about it?? I am thinking I need to get one because when I ride hard I only get about 90 miles to a tank, maybe 95. It just doesnt keep up with the fuel range of the Apex's or Vector's. I just wanna know if this is a good idea or if there are downsides about this tank. I have heard that they melt? And that getting to the spark flugs requires taking the tank off. Is that really a big deal since the sled is fuel injected? The plugs never need to be changed, or shouldnt need to be, right? Would appreciate some input!
:4STroke: :yam:

Installed mine last summer and have had no trouble with it at all.Don't worry about the spark plugs it's a 4 stroke.

The first generation of trail tank had some minor melting problems but that was taken care of. The new ones are great, no problems at all. They fit perfect and look like they are the factory tank. I like the clear tank so I can see exactly how much gas I have. I wouldn't worry about the spark plugs as you will hardly ever have to change them. And removing the tank to change them is only like a ten or fifteen minute job.

Seth at Trail Tank is a great asset to our sport, I had issues with my first generation trail tank and he has one in the mail as we speak... free of charge to replace the first generation tank. Stand up guy with a stand up attitude and company. I will be purchasing trail tanks for all my future sleds in years to come. Get the trail tank! Tell him I sent you! :)

This was the best mod I did to my Nytro. Its easy to pull on and off so no big deal on the plugs. 5k and still have factory plugs.

I just installed mine tonight. Pretty strait forward but my panel fit is HORRIBLE!!! The tank is as forward as it can go--all the way back in the mounting bolt slots and I still had to oblong every panel hole. The center tank cover looks like #*$&@. Can't help think I did something wromg but I tripple ck'ed everything. I ran out of gas last weekend though and I wasn't going to let that happen again.

I thought the panels dont go back on with the tank? I thought that because the tank is bigger, the panels wont fit, which would explain why yours look bad....maybe I'm wrong, i havent ordered it yet so i very well could be....i almost ran out last weekend too and i have run out in past trips.

thanks for the info guys, im still deciding if im gonna buy it. its a lot of money for 3 gallons of gas, but at the same time, its worth it when you run out....so i dont know, we'll see

STAIN said:
I just installed mine tonight. Pretty strait forward but my panel fit is HORRIBLE!!! The tank is as forward as it can go--all the way back in the mounting bolt slots and I still had to oblong every panel hole. The center tank cover looks like #*$&@. Can't help think I did something wromg but I tripple ck'ed everything. I ran out of gas last weekend though and I wasn't going to let that happen again.

I loosened off all the fastners on the nose cone then assembled the plastics. It was still a tight fit, but after a couple of rides it got easier to put on. Try trimming the edges of the center plastic and applying some automotive type finish strip.

Attachments

• Nytro Rox Riser.jpg
    Nytro Rox Riser.jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 126
attaknytro said:
I thought the panels dont go back on with the tank? I thought that because the tank is bigger, the panels wont fit, which would explain why yours look bad....maybe I'm wrong, i havent ordered it yet so i very well could be....i almost ran out last weekend too and i have run out in past trips.

only the side panels are left off. I have yet to trim panels but will do so next week after riding

if your having fit issues...just trim the "V" at the front of the sled..area behind the bumper...that will allow your hood to come back a little further...

if it is the side panels, it is not a big deal to move those a little bit...

but I have had nominal issues with mine, going on two years now...WELL worth it!!!!

Back