• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

12 volt Assc. no power

Paraclete

Expert
I hoping this is something simple. I tried plugging my GPS into the 12v socket. I noticed I am not getting any power. should it have power the whole time the sled is running or do I have to hit so many rpms.

07 Attak

Thanks in advance.

I looked at the manual says I have to take off the front both side panels air box just to get to the fuses?????

Can I just take of the right side and get to them?

Yes, just the right side to get at that particular fuse.
It is a 3amp. Blew. mine last week. There will be an extra in there for u to use. 3amps r harder to find when u go lookin.

There are two fuses boxes so to say.
The one u are after is right panel box not the one manual is reffering to.

Thanks guys took only ten minutes and I did not have to dismantle the sled LOL. I did put in the spare and went to buy more but could not find anything smaller than 5
I don't know how big a risk that would be since I only run my GPS on it and it only draws 5w

I rewired my DC accessory socket by adding a polarized two part connector wired through an inline fuse directly to the battery. I have my inline fuse sticking out near where the factory battery jumper wires are for easy replacement access in case it blows.

If you have an electric shield plugged into this socket using a cig lighter adapter like I do, if you unplug the cable from your helmet and let the center pin of the male RCA jack touch the frame of the sled this is a common way to blow the fuse.

I like my dc accessory socket to be energized all the time to keep my electric shield hot during trail stops. It is also nice for using a GPS or charging a phone with the sled shut off. I also plug my Optimate 4 charger into this socket using a cig lighter adapter plug to easily charge my battery.

Attachments

• DSC01139.JPG
    DSC01139.JPG
    156.8 KB · Views: 219
  • DSC01137.JPG
    DSC01137.JPG
    158.2 KB · Views: 215
  • DSC01138.JPG
    DSC01138.JPG
    134.8 KB · Views: 244
  • DSC01149.JPG
    DSC01149.JPG
    157.4 KB · Views: 309
3 amp accessory fuse blowing!

snappy said:
that stupid fuse pops constantly

I too was plagued with this fuse blowing out at random. I put 5 amp fuses in and they would blow too. I determined that snow was getting down into the power socket and causing a short. I robbed a headlight rubber off an old Skidoo and placed it around the male plug for my Garmin. That stopped snow from getting into the socket and no more blown fuses.

I put a 7 amp fuse in there and it won't blow anymore. Been in for a few years now. Ran gps,helmet shield off it.

I do like the idea of going directly into the battery with an easy access to the fuse. As far as the head light rubber I am not sure what you are talking about but I have heard of guys using an O ring.

Headlight rubber seal

Here is a pic. This is a headlight rubber seal from an old Skidoo. It seals around the Garmin plug-in, as well as 12volt outlet on the sled.

Attachments

• IMG_20120122_073610.jpg
    IMG_20120122_073610.jpg
    50.9 KB · Views: 212

Back