• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

13:1 compression

Re: 13:1

MSTOutdoors said:
Yes and yes.
I did cams, pistons, exhaust and cdi box and the sled is in another league. Add a ZR 900 suspension and it's perfect.
Which sled and year do you have? Is it an rx1 or the apex?

Welcome onboard MSTOutdoors. Please tell us more about your engine work and the performance of your sled.

mstoutdoors....you forgot to add that it probably was the best sounding sled on the lake,not sure what you hade for exhaust but it sounded awesome

RX-1

It's on an 04 RX-1. 13:1 pistons (wiseco), cams (Hauck) , CDI (Hauck), Hauck exhaust, ECP filters, ZR 900 Suspension. Next it's getting stretched to 136 and adding a bottle.
This is not a two stroke and is not a simple machine to tear down. BUt it is worth it for the performance.
F-7's not a problem. All I worry about now are 800 XCR's from HTG.

I have a very similar set up in my 05 rx-1 with the ecp kit,qc-1 exhaust,hauck cams,head work,a nd 13;1 wisecos.I was wondering what sort of compression numbers are you seeing and what is the gain with the cdi box and how much was it.Thanks for the input.

just shy of 280psi. The box works well but will not work with the plugs that come with the ECP kit. You'll have to switch back to stock plugs. The box advances timing 3* on the bottom and retards 3* on top.

Back