• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

136" extension track tension issues

I had the exact same issue when i exteneded my 07 fx to 136. I emailed tracks usa and they said they had never heard of this issue and i likely installed something incorrectly. I double checked my skid, shocks, hyfax, etc everything was how it should be. I emailed them again and then they admitted they get a few of these issues every year and i will have to make the extension axle slot deeper.

Last edited:
I was assuming it was a Freeride which I know is a tight fit.
no kidding, My 144" Freeride was 142" measured inside the belt, my factory Maverick was 143.5" and that loss of 1.5" makes skid drops a PITA! After 4000+ miles the Freeride hasn't stretched at all.

image.jpg
I ended up elongating the axle slot and modifying the original track tensioner to bolt onto the outside of the rail.

Oh that looks good. Any details you can share on how you modified the track adjuster to outside of the rails?

Thanks, G.B.

Oh that looks good. Any details you can share on how you modified the track adjuster to outside of the rails?

Thanks, G.B.
Basically, I flipped the bracket around to face the front.

There is a circular tab that wraps around and rests on the back of the rail to provide support when the adjusting but is tightend. When I flipped the bracket around, the tab hit the rail...so I cut it off. Then I tacked a 3/8" nut onto the face of the tab (where the original nut would tighten against). Had to make sure the bolt angle was parallel to the rail. Drilled two more holes (I used the original front hole in the rail for the back bracket holes when the bracket was facing front). Welded the nut up....some primer and gun metal spray bomb I had lying around and Bob's your uncle.

I happened to have a couple 3/8" stainless bolts and jam nut along with some anti-seize.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    25.7 KB · Views: 108
Last edited:
Here's a pic of the sled almost back together. I think I have to pull off the gas tank and high temp pain the aluminum heat shield that is visible from the side....looks odd with a single aluminum coloured strip.
image.jpg

Sled looks awesome! I love the black tunnel and rails, looks mean! What method did you use to make them black? Powder coat? Anodize? Paint?

Great looking sled! Love the black, I've considered that myself.

The new license Manitoba splates are going to be bright against it.

C
Basically, I flipped the bracket around to face the front.

There is a circular tab that wraps around and rests on the back of the rail to provide support when the adjusting but is tightend. When I flipped the bracket around, the tab hit the rail...so I cut it off. Then I tacked a 3/8" nut onto the face of the tab (where the original nut would tighten against). Had to make sure the bolt angle was parallel to the rail. Drilled two more holes (I used the original front hole in the rail for the back bracket holes when the bracket was facing front). Welded the nut up....some primer and gun metal spray bomb I had lying around and Bob's your uncle.

I happened to have a couple 3/8" stainless bolts and jam nut along with some anti-seize.
Cool, thanks. I might have to switch my adjusters around like this. It is easy enough to do with my Tracks USA 144" extensions now that the solid rivets for the track adjusters are replaced with bolts. Thanks, G.B.

Sled looks awesome! I love the black tunnel and rails, looks mean! What method did you use to make them black? Powder coat? Anodize? Paint?
I powder coated the rails, foot wells, rear bumper, steering knuckles and front springs. I scuffed up the tunnel, used some etching primer and bedlinered it. We'll see how it holds up this season....seems pretty tough.

C

Cool, thanks. I might have to switch my adjusters around like this. It is easy enough to do with my Tracks USA 144" extensions now that the solid rivets for the track adjusters are replaced with bolts. Thanks, G.B.

If you don't have access to a welder, I would just get some aftermarket adjusters that bolt in. I found some on eBay....I just didn't want to wait for them.

Back