• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

144 double backer studding

polaris87

Veteran
I bought a new 1" Carve and megabite studs track to replace the 1.25 ripsaw for my 06. The old track had 144 studs with all double backers up the center...I bought the woodies template for the 144 pattern but it uses double and single backers. I wanted to use all doubles, but then the studs are in the center of the track. I thought this was a no-no because of poor support in the center of the track. On the other hand I dont want to go singles because they might pull out easier than the doubles would.

Anyway, I cant find any patterns with all double backers and the way it was studded before doesn't seem like a real good pattern. Anyone have their track studded with all double backers? Any problems with running the 144 pattern with the doubles and singles? Thanks in advance.

I have a 121", 1 1/4" Predator,in my '07 Apex, with 144 Woody's up the middle, in a 2 doubles, 2 singles pattern, with no problems. I have the Mono skid, and use Ulmers little anti-shock rub kit,and its fine, it works. ;)!

I modified the woodies template and drilled new holes in it so I could use all double backers. Just try to add new scratch lines and not put two rows in the same scratch line.

kinger said:
I modified the woodies template and drilled new holes in it so I could use all double backers. Just try to add new scratch lines and not put two rows in the same scratch line.

Me too. ;)!

3500 miles..no probs.
I like the tall nuts.
If you look close you can see the one short nut.
Picture060.jpg

Back