• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

How Many Miles On Your track??

Thanks for the replies, I'll give it a real good inspection and determine if it's a one-off issue or showing signs of significant wear. the one good thing the track had going for itself is I only run the sled in good snow conditions.

If it's showing significant wear I'll have to decide between a 1 1/4" versus 1 1/2" ripsaw...

Years ago, I had a track exit my TCat on Kevlar Lake at warp speed. I was lucky to walk away. After that I considered a track a wear item (especially studded tracks ) and I replace them at 7K - 8K. I think of them like tires now...

My replacement is a Ripsaw 1.25, fully clipped, no "quiet pads" on the track. I would rather replace them than blow them out the back of the sled.

A lot of power going to a track on a Winder, I’ve seen a few blow off on the lakes and a couple on trail. THe damage a track can do to the sled when it comes off is very messy and also extremely dangerous as you’ve lost your brakes .

I have 6800 miles in stock cobra 1.6 2018 Sidewinder XTX. no studs and at 280 HP. track still looks new.
The stress of studs is what kills tracks over time. I am sure a bone stock track with properly maintained hyfax would roll 10,000 miles without an issue.

The stress of studs is what kills tracks over time. I am sure a bone stock track with properly maintained hyfax would roll 10,000 miles without an issue.
That’s what most guys have figured out.with push through studs you get ballooning at high speed.And a increased chance of cooler damage over time.The iGRIPS have become popular for decent traction for riders that don’t need to live on the edge,with increased track life.win/win.

That’s what most guys have figured out.with push through studs you get ballooning at high speed.And a increased chance of cooler damage over time.The iGRIPS have become popular for decent traction for riders that don’t need to live on the edge,with increased track life.win/win.
I think iGrips are much better for the track and offer a margin of safety on icy surfaces. Sadly, until I am too old to drag race my friends or tire of the pull when it hooks hard, I will be stuck with lots of studs. At least we don't shave our tracks anymore. LOL

If I were riding a low power sled like an 800, I would be using the iGrips for sure.

800 = "low power" LOL :)
IF I didn't care about having good traction on hard-pack or ice, I might use iGrips. There's no comparison between iGrips and push-though carbide studs. With over 300 HP iGrips would not suffice under any circumstances except maybe pulling into or out of my trailer.

Back