• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

146 XTX

I have a Viper XTX (141") and a Sidewinder LTX, and I have been daydreaming about what a 2021 Sidewinder XTX LE would be like. Thanks to you, I now know that I should have stopped day-dreaming and snow-checked one myself!

Glad I could help... I think!!! ;)

...You answered all of the questions that I had about the XT-X. I really like the orange and ink blue colors on the 2021 LE's that you have on your sled. They just look awesome on the snow. I've also run the SLP Mohawks and think that you've made the right choice using them on your sled.

Glad that you were able to get out and take advantage of the early season snow conditions and get a shake down run. Have a safe and fun season. Cheers!

As am I and thanks! I admittedly didn’t love the orange until I saw it in the snow. It looks far better in it’s “natural” habitat than it does in the garage for sure. It really pops. I am in love.

I love the orange and ink blue, so much better than the blue/orange on the 20

I like the Blue and Orange as well
Orange Winder.jpg

Looks to me that the Graffics Team must have got the idea from my Garage...Moto Ski Orange!

moto ski.JPG

I like the Blue and Orange as well
View attachment 157992

Looks to me that the Graffics Team must have got the idea from my Garage...Moto Ski Orange!

View attachment 157993

I had one of those as a kid. Think it was a Motoski Capri maybe.....early 80s.....340
Edit: doing some google searches mine would've had to been an early 70s model. The 80s looked different

Last edited:
I had one of those as a kid. Think it was a Motoski Capri maybe.....early 80s.....340

1972 Moto Ski Grand Prix....Bought it new in 1972 440BSE and still all original.
Amazingly the sled survived me and my two sons and now is being used by my Grand Daughter...crazy simple to work on. I have never forgiven Ski Doo for buying them out and eliminating the brand. I have never and will never own a Ski Doo.

1972 Moto Ski Grand Prix....Bought it new in 1972 440BSE and still all original.
Amazingly the sled survived me and my two sons and now is being used by my Grand Daughter...crazy simple to work on. I have never forgiven Ski Doo for buying them out and eliminating the brand. I have never and will never own a Ski Doo.
LOL

On my 2020 xtx 146 with 2" camso challenger track does anyone know for sure what the track pitch is and the diver teeth and gearing seems to be 24/50

Anybody know on the drivers 8 or 9 and pitch ive had a couple say 9 tooth 2.86 im debating gearing up some it has td max 17 tune

Anybody know on the drivers 8 or 9 and pitch ive had a couple say 9 tooth 2.86 im debating gearing up some it has td max 17 tune
Its 9 tooth 2.86 drivers, 24/50 gearing from factory. I am 100% positive, I own one.

Im debating gearing it up some has anyone played with that and what were the results

i have the 2020 xtx se, have seen gps confirmed 171km/h (177 on speedo), i still had more throttle but the terrain started to get rough and i didnt feel like finding out what it is like to fall off at those speeds.

i have the 2020 xtx se, have seen gps confirmed 171km/h (177 on speedo), i still had more throttle but the terrain started to get rough and i didnt feel like finding out what it is like to fall off at those speeds.
Similar to mine, on the stock (for a few more days anyways) tune and setup I pull quickly through 100mph, then on a nice straightaway I can coax it to 110mph.

Do you guys think with the tune acceleration would be better with higher gear maybe less track spin but using the speed/gearing calculator it says it should do 117mph, but the track may be to big and heavy to get going that fast

I'm going to be honest, I've never ran a tune, so I don't really know the answer to that question. I have however ran the 153 btx for lots of years before this 2020. This 2020 xtx 146 with 2" track has never ceased to amaze me in power, I can lift the skiis at nearly any time, where as the 153 probably lifted the skiis, but not nearly as high. So what I am getting at is that 110mph is insanely fast for a trail sled, and yes a tune could probably get you to that 117mph, but unless you are drag racing ALL THE TIME, Imo, you are spending money where it does not need to be spent. I am pretty sure that when I push my sled to that 171km/h mark, the skiis are off the ground nearly the entire time, or at the cusp of being off the ground, so having a tune for top speed reasons to me would make it less controllable and less predictable . Instead If I ever get a tune, it would be so that I can flick the front end up a little more on command on trails after a corner , or even in a field where I am trying to show off to friends lol, but so far , nobody can catch up to me to see all the cool #*$&@ I can do .

Back