• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

146 XTX

Instead If I ever get a tune, it would be so that I can flick the front end up a little more on command on trails after a corner , or even in a field where I am trying to show off to friends lol, but so far , nobody can catch up to me to see all the cool #*$&@ I can do .
My sentiments exactly. I have never really cared what the top speed is, but how fast I can get there. I am an acceleration junkie. All my two stroke buddies always ask “man, how fast does that thing go”. I always chuckle and say that isn’t the appropriate question. When they jump on it, they understand lol. I never ride at 100+ for any prolonged period of time. Passing, and woah, look at that moments, then always drop back down.
Do you guys think with the tune acceleration would be better with higher gear maybe less track spin but using the speed/gearing calculator it says it should do 117mph, but the track may be to big and heavy to get going that fast
Are you finding that you are getting a lot of track spin now? I was shocked at how little I am getting with the 1.6. As for gearing, I have no idea, I have never changed them out. I do have a tapp and a tune on the way, so I will hopefully be able to at least report back on those before the end of season.

My sentiments exactly. I have never really cared what the top speed is, but how fast I can get there. I am an acceleration junkie. All my two stroke buddies always ask “man, how fast does that thing go”. I always chuckle and say that isn’t the appropriate question. When they jump on it, they understand lol. I never ride at 100+ for any prolonged period of time. Passing, and woah, look at that moments, then always drop back down.

Are you finding that you are getting a lot of track spin now? I was shocked at how little I am getting with the 1.6. As for gearing, I have no idea, I have never changed them out. I do have a tapp and a tune on the way, so I will hopefully be able to at least report back on those before the end of season.

That is interesting that you don't get much track spin with the 1.6, but that is definately dependant on the snow conditions. I think that my 2.0 spins but it is hard to tell , that track is like a cheese grater lol , all kinds of snow coming out the back.

As for acceleration junkie , It is definately addicting, but without clinching the limiter strap all the way down, I think the difference between a tune and stock would be having the skiis either 4 feet in the air or 7 feet in the air while getting to 110mph

That is interesting that you don't get much track spin with the 1.6, but that is definately dependant on the snow conditions. I think that my 2.0 spins but it is hard to tell , that track is like a cheese grater lol , all kinds of snow coming out the back.

As for acceleration junkie , It is definately addicting, but without clinching the limiter strap all the way down, I think the difference between time and stock would be having the skiis either 4 feet in the air or 7 feet in the air while getting to 110mph
7 feet sounds more fun ;-p I am by no means saying I don’t have track spin, I just expected there to be more than there was. Personally, I am ok with some, as I prefer the way a smaller lug feels through the corner. Trailwise I have only had it on really really hard packed trails so far, nothing loose.

i really really wanted the LE version, but could only find the SE version.....then a week after i got the SE, i found a LE that somebody backed out of :o| If i would not have already hacked up my tunnel to put on the CR racing stiffeners and rear grab bar as well as aux fuel tank (300km range and no having to fill with jerry cans woot-woot), i would have traded it at a small loss lol. I really wanted the trail front end and track from the LE, but i am quite happy with the SE configuration actually, just took money to get it where i wanted haha.

...just took money to get it where i wanted haha.
I know a thing or two about that lol......

Glad to hear you are happy as well. I wanted the graphics of the SE with the LE specs. The LE graphics have very much grown on me though after seeing it in the snow in person, and am now very very happy with them and the matching jacket. If I ever get a chance, I would be curious to hop on a SE for a mile or two just to truly feel the difference.

I have a 141 xtx with 1.6 as well the 2020 with the 2in camso hooks way better it pulls very hard. But yes im wondering if gearing up some will help acceleration by stopping spinning some and maybe its possibly geared a bit low having it tuned. But overall im not super worried about going crazy top speed just curious if it can help acceleration

Also curious i asked on this thread last year about peoples preferences on setting suspension but there wasnt a lot of responses as it was a new sled and suspension setup for last year anybody have any good suggestions on suspension setup

asking suspension settings is like asking what color we think is best for drag racing against an 850 skidoo, people have different tastes. Now if you report heavy steering, that is a different story because now we are problem solving. Then at least people can tell you things to try and what they have liked/disliked. Just report what you are experiencing and what you want to be different, and through that we can help you learn what every component does.

I have a 2021 XTX LE
Still have my 09 Nytro XTX with Star Suspension and 37,000kms!
Is this worth the $25k this thing cost including extra warranty and taxes?
It has a starting issue cold but also hot! Won’t crank after -18’c where my old Nytro just did at -30
Going to have to change plugs and battery and it’s got 570 kms on it.
The stock sliders completely worn so $238 also for DuPont
I also put full skid plate and windshield mirrors!
This is just putting it over $26k.
Hopefully it starts Saturday as I’ll leave it out of garage as -30 and see if it will crank and start.
Stay tuned
I’m on my 4th Yamaha. Total 80,000km in 13 years with little issues
This is the problem when buying an American put together machine as not same standards as Japan
You might see a mint Yamaha on kijiji yet.

I have a 2021 XTX LE
Still have my 09 Nytro XTX with Star Suspension and 37,000kms!
Is this worth the $25k this thing cost including extra warranty and taxes?
It has a starting issue cold but also hot! Won’t crank after -18’c where my old Nytro just did at -30
Going to have to change plugs and battery and it’s got 570 kms on it.
The stock sliders completely worn so $238 also for DuPont
I also put full skid plate and windshield mirrors!
This is just putting it over $26k.
Hopefully it starts Saturday as I’ll leave it out of garage as -30 and see if it will crank and start.
Stay tuned
I’m on my 4th Yamaha. Total 80,000km in 13 years with little issues
This is the problem when buying an American put together machine as not same standards as Japan
You might see a mint Yamaha on kijiji yet.

that sucks dude. i probably have 20,000km on these sidewinders between 2 machines going back to 2017. the only starting issues ive ever had is when it sits in -30c weather over night (so a block heater was installed), and when the relays freeze up, and that is always due to starting up in a trailer, driving it outside and shutting it off right away. There is moisture in the relays that freezes them open, and unless the machine gets nice and warm and evaporates that mositure in the relay, it will freeze every time. I never have owned a nytro, so i cant comment on that one, but my family has owned every other 4 stroke yamaha, and i would say that as far as issues go, they all have thier little quirks. I definately love my sidewinder over all of the other yamaha 4strokes, and will take it every single time.

that sucks dude. i probably have 20,000km on these sidewinders between 2 machines going back to 2017. the only starting issues ive ever had is when it sits in -30c weather over night (so a block heater was installed), and when the relays freeze up, and that is always due to starting up in a trailer, driving it outside and shutting it off right away. There is moisture in the relays that freezes them open, and unless the machine gets nice and warm and evaporates that mositure in the relay, it will freeze every time. I never have owned a nytro, so i cant comment on that one, but my family has owned every other 4 stroke yamaha, and i would say that as far as issues go, they all have thier little quirks. I definately love my sidewinder over all of the other yamaha 4strokes, and will take it every single time.
Yes
This is a real issue. Will change plugs and see if this first. At least the local dealer is looking into it. I’ll have to drop it off next week.

Can someone tell me if the 2021 xtx le 1.6 cobra is 1 ply or 2?

from what i can find, most likely a single ply track.

1972 Moto Ski Grand Prix....Bought it new in 1972 440BSE and still all original.
Amazingly the sled survived me and my two sons and now is being used by my Grand Daughter...crazy simple to work on. I have never forgiven Ski Doo for buying them out and eliminating the brand. I have never and will never own a Ski Doo.
My Dad had the same one when I was young. He paid 2000.00 for it back then. Back in the day, it was a fast sled. I was the same, I was very upset that BRP bought Moto Ski and then killed them off.

Back