• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

'16 Turbo recall - Interesting tidbits

Look at # 2, 3, and 4, this picture is from the 2010 FX Nytro.
245165_CRANKSHAFTPISTON.gif

This is the 2016 parts fiche, look at 2, 3 again.
296850_CRANKSHAFTPISTON.gif

Okay I may have had that backwards. The mechanic doing the work was the one who told me this. I will edit my first post.

Well got my Recall letter in Mail today (Syracuse NY). Called dealer and they indicated the Rod Kit is back ordered may be mid Feb.....

Got my recall letter yesterday...I hope the kits arrive sooner than mid-February, or I'll have two weekends to ride this season :(

My kit arrived on Saturday, less than 2 weeks after it was ordered....
Sled is being ripped apart today! Hopefully, I'll get it back this weekend!

Rode mine this weekend. It feels exactly the same. LOL. Those getting them redone, try and test the old rods with a files and see if you actually needed new rods. Mine were heat treated and looked exactly like the new ones except the nuts and bolts to hold on the bearing caps.

Rode mine this weekend. It feels exactly the same. LOL. Those getting them redone, try and test the old rods with a files and see if you actually needed new rods. Mine were heat treated and looked exactly like the new ones except the nuts and bolts to hold on the bearing caps.
This means that Yamaha was unable to identify which motors had the bad new rods. It was already established by Hurricane and others that NOT ALL new rods were bad. It also was partially established that if one rod was bad all in motor were and if one was good all were good. Maybe Yamaha just didn't want to chance it that some motors might have had one or two bad ones out of the three? If it were me I would have checked the number 3 rod which is easily seen after removing flywheel sidecover.

Millstreet, is that at Big Moose? Old Forge should be nice this weekend. Heading up to the ice bowl. Have you checked your rods to see if they were already treated?

Millstreet, is that at Big Moose? Old Forge should be nice this weekend. Heading up to the ice bowl. Have you checked your rods to see if they were already treated?

the sled is at http://www.excellmotorsports.com/ finished up, but I've got too much going on at home, probably be a few days before I can sneak back up.
I use the Big Moose guys for all the water stuff Excell doesn't do

Dropped mine off at Excell with 0 miles on it for airbox, clutch kit and can mod...after my 500 mile service , I noticed they added Excell stickers and Keychain....LOL

Back