• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

162" Track questions

BBNytro

Extreme
I want to put a 162 " track onto my MTX. I am putting a turbo in the summer and I am looking for recommendation on what track and If I have to replace the stock drivers with AVID or extroverts. I was thinking of going with the 162 Power claw with the avid drivers. What has been working for you guys?

My buddy put on a Camo extreme 15x162x2.5 with stock drivers and timbersled rear. He's turbo'd.

800km so far running perfect.

We switched out sleds a few times and my stock track is garbage compared to his.
His sled will almost leap forward while the stock mavy just spins like a stuck pig.

Nytro Track

I would go with the avids and the camo extreme 162x15x2.5 paddles are nice and stiff,, if ur boosting it you want the stiffer paddle.. Heres a pic of my build.. Stg II Powderlite turbo

Attachments

• Nytro on Truck.jpg
    Nytro on Truck.jpg
    91.6 KB · Views: 162
The Power Claw is a great track.

It will fit the stock drivers with no mods. A couple of guys down here running them with 15-20 lbs boost - they love them, and no issues thus far.

moto, are they fully clipping theirs?

I am only 10lbs. boost and have not fully clipped my PowerClaw yet...

and yes, it is a KILLER track!!!

BTW< is it just me...or does that Nytro look like it will fall off? it is LONG on that short bed truck...

I think if you tie the front down real well it'll stay because all the weights up front.

Hey is that the Polished CR tunnel? Where you get your rails??

mtdream said:
moto, are they fully clipping theirs?

I am only 10lbs. boost and have not fully clipped my PowerClaw yet...

and yes, it is a KILLER track!!!

BTW< is it just me...or does that Nytro look like it will fall off? it is LONG on that short bed truck...

No Jer, they are running the factory Pace 2 - no probs thus far

I have heard however (Michelle) that you should check the factory clips regularly, as some are losing clips.

BBNytro said:
Hey is that the Polished CR tunnel? Where you get your rails??
That's a white CR tunnel, and I believe the rails are iceage rails, right Rusher?

I am thinking of trying a different ski...got any recommendations? have had simmons on every sled I have had, never tried others...

I put on a Camo extreme 162/15/2.5 on my Nytro mtx with stock drivers and i got vibrations and a lot of noice from the track.Is there some have the same problem

robbo said:
I put on a Camo extreme 162/15/2.5 on my Nytro mtx with stock drivers and i got vibrations and a lot of noice from the track.Is there some have the same problem

I think the vibration and low tone moaning is caused from the track you have on, same thing on my Mach Z and my buddy's MTX with same track.

I helped a friend put a 162 X 16" X 3" pitch track in his nytro. Tight fit but it worked. We had to grind down a few rivets and a bolt or 2 but it went in. He kept the stock drivers. Don't know why you would need anything else. He is running an impulse turbo. Don't know how much boost but it's around 15#'s.

J.

Back