• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

1976 340 SRX how much do u think its worth???

dozerboy2006

I have a good friend that is the original owner of this sled, it is mint as can be and I mean showroom ready. The sled is all original no mods original track and thinks he can find the paperwork and reciepts for this sled... This sled was only made for one year unlike the 440... He is not internet savy and just wants to know what it maybe worth... Thanks much Jason :rocks:

76 440s are going for $5000.00 IF you can find a stock one. I'll say 5 or better. I would think about offering that myself? Beautiful sled!

As many years of antique tractor buying and repair I can only say you can't build original....You can restore anything but you can't make it original. Pristine, original, low miles, original owner, reciepts....this is a colectors dream. He may not be internet savey but I think you are. Help him out here and get on some antique sled sites and advertize that thing for him. Who knows might even put a little cash in your pocket. Personally he has had it this long that I think I would talk him into not selling it. As rare as it is now in that shape it will even be more rare in another 10 years....

dab102999 said:
As many years of antique tractor buying and repair I can only say you can't build original....You can restore anything but you can't make it original. Pristine, original, low miles, original owner, reciepts....this is a colectors dream. He may not be internet savey but I think you are. Help him out here and get on some antique sled sites and advertize that thing for him. Who knows might even put a little cash in your pocket. Personally he has had it this long that I think I would talk him into not selling it. As rare as it is now in that shape it will even be more rare in another 10 years....
This is exactly what I thought extremely rare deal hear. His dad was our yamaha dealer in town at the time and he still has brochures for this sled and others of that era. ;)!

This one recently sold on Ebay for $3700. I would say your friend's sled is easily in the $5k plus range since it is original and wasn't raced for 4 years all over the Midwest like this one.

1976 Yamaha 340 SRX Snowmobile
Vehicle Description

I am selling my 1976 Yamaha 340cc SRX that I bought new in Dec. of 1975. I raced it from 1975 to 1979 all over the MidWest. Won a lot of races with it, and had a lot of fun. Now it is time to let some one else have fun with it. I have the cancelled check for it when I bought it yet, so you know it's a one owner. It is still in the exact condition it was in when I raced it last. I have lots of extra parts for it [look at pictures]. Three packages of new studs, one package of retainers, two used pistons w/rings,one pair of coils [need to be restored], two sprokets, two new needle jets, original owners manuel, headlight [I took it out when I raced it], cluch parts, and many other used parts. Had to put in some kind of mileage or I couldn't run this auction, so 1000 miles is just a guess. Motor runs good, but gas tank leaks. Will fix the leak before you pick it up. By the way, will not ship, you must pickup. Will help load. I have a Minnesota address but live just into Iowa. Extreme northwest corner of Iowa. [35 miles east of Sioux Falls, S.D.] If you have any questions, please email me and I will try and answer your questions. Thanks for looking.

Back