• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

< 2" Paddle Track Options?

Jack_Shaft

TY 4 Stroke Junkie
Although this seems to be the exact opposite direction most members here are taking.... there are a fair amount of "mtn" sleds sold in my area where there is some deep snow, but most of the time we have to run on hard, frozen snow or ice (very cold here) for most of the season. Many RX-1 mtn's end up destroying their tracks and then get a 1.25" track in it's place.

Since Yamaha has not come out with a 144" crossover sled with a 1.25" track thus far - which I think is a major oversight on their part - I think some people will be looking to de-lug the Phazer. I wonder how long it will be before a 14x144x1.25" track will be available? I'd hate to have to take an electric turkey knife to my nice new Phazer Mtn Lite in order to keep my track from falling apart.

Ya LB, it does have all that. AND a seat that no man could sit in for very long. Those that have ridden one know what I speak of LOL.

Dave #$%&*

No, I do not want a Venture Lite thank you very much. I would be looking for a Phazer Mtn. Lite in a crossover flavour, for which the 1.25" track would be best.

Now, you do raise a good point with the fact that the Mtn Lite can just as easily accept a standard 15" wide track AND that information tells me that it should be fairly easy for a dealership to do an off-the-floor track swap in a heartbeat.

So, the crossover opportunites should be endless.

Excellent.

Hmmm... different width tunnels? Not saying it isn't possible, but I dare say that the tunnel would be similar in the forward section but different in the rear. Then again, maybe Yamaha has big plans for this chassis in the utility segment as well

Can't see it being THAT tight, but I will be taking some measurements once a few get on the showroom floor.

BTW, the Venture Utility has a 16x144x1.25 track to go along with the Venture Lite's 15. If the tunnels are compatible, that's two track options already, right from Yamaha if you sweet talk your dealer.

Back