• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2 Stroke Looking to go 4....

little high looking butnot too bad if it is in good shape in person.

Something smells. He has a pretty decent sled there - as long as there's nothing wrong with it - but he'd like to trade it for another? And his want list includes sleds worth both more and less than what he has, some lighter, and some the same? It looks like he just wants out from under THAT sled......

I wonder if this is one of the ones that might be smoking due to a ring problem, or some other motor issue?

Or maybe it's fine and my suspicious nature is hanging out.....

ahicks said:
Something smells. He has a pretty decent sled there - as long as there's nothing wrong with it - but he'd like to trade it for another? And his want list includes sleds worth both more and less than what he has, some lighter, and some the same? It looks like he just wants out from under THAT sled......

My thoughts exactly. I would be suspicious if he wants to trade THAT sled for ANY other sled.

Read up on the common problems with the '03 RX-1 and check it over really well. eg. burning oil, jackshaft problems, etc.

Also make sure he has title in hand and the VIN matches.

Ok so I have been reading alot and I should stay away from this year I take it. I am trying to find a RX-1 or RX Warrior for around 3500. So if any of you guys know of something let me know!

no they are fine as long as you know what to look for. the owner might just want to go 2 stroke again. some guys just do not like 4 strokes is all.

I was in the same boat. I owned an edge 700 polaris which ripped but i wanted to try a 4 stroke. I bought an 03 and did quite a but of stuff to it. Simmons skis, pro x rear skid, more foam in seat, newer front shocks and thicker sway bar. All of this really didn't cost too much because I sold the stock parts for decent $. The engine runs fine (at least mine does not use oil). Only problem i had is that the carb pilots i think were all messed up so it would not come down on idle. After I figured that out via this forum, it ran/still runs awesome. I've had a quite a few sleds and I think I'll keep this one. Very comfortable on the trail and steers real nice. My $.02.

:yam:

Good to know, yeah I have been looking at a few locally and they seem a little beat up for me. Hopefully something will pop up soon cause my buddy wants mine.

Back